Peppers mic'd up vs Seahawks

Rush23

It's kinda funny that not too long ago people were dogging the Bears for signing Peppers, who was the single biggest reeason for their rise back to prominance in the NFC, and their defensive standing. Good to see not everyone turns out to be a bum like Haynesworth

Living in NC, I've watched the guy play a few times and when he left I had no doubt the Bears were making a good signing. On another note, I wont say that Steve Smith would put the next team he plays for in the playoffs, but I hope he gets out of there and gets onto a contender because when he's healthy he's dynamite.

It's kinda funny that not too long ago people were dogging the Bears for signing Peppers, who was the single biggest reeason for their rise back to prominance in the NFC, and their defensive standing. Good to see not everyone turns out to be a bum like Haynesworth

One word: motivation! The Carolina Peppers was a dud when he left. You can sign talent but you can't make someone use their talent. It's up to that player.

I just made the same point in another thread about Bruce Smith. Someone refereed to him as sure-thing when he was drafted but they totally forgot how fat and lazy Bruce was his rookie season.

The player had to decide to play.

PTR

http://www.chicitysports.com/2011/01/19/julius-peppers-micd-up-vs-seattle-seahawks/

Pretty awesome to see him show that intensity. The guy is set to make $90 million dollars.

LOL @ "Do what yall have to do, im gonna eat that fool" at Hassellbeck's O-Line.

He dominated Okung on those plays, like Peppers said "can't stop the bull rush."

One word: motivation! The Carolina Peppers was a dud when he left. You can sign talent but you can't make someone use their talent. It's up to that player.

I just made the same point in another thread about Bruce Smith. Someone refereed to him as sure-thing when he was drafted but they totally forgot how fat and lazy Bruce was his rookie season.

The player had to decide to play.

PTR

Spot on. He was turning into a Haynesworth type guy (lack of effort) on the Panthers. I imagine if Delhomme stayed healthy and productive and they kept winning it would've been different for him. Much like LT though, I hope the guy gets a ring.

And, was it that Bruce was fat and lazy or was he just hitting the bottle a little too much? :beer: