I think the Jets go to the SB

saundena

I just want to vent my frustration to TSW faithful. I hate the Jets more than any other professional sports team. My feelings toward them have intensified since Rex Ryan became the head coach. Unfortunately, I believe that their chances to go to the SB are very good-- for a number of reasons:

1. The Steelers are hurting on the offensive line... too many injuries. The Jets defense is fierce. Big Ben can extend plays by moving around in the pocket, but he can only do so much. I think he's going to get the snot knocked out of him.

2. The Jets will be confident. And why shouldn't they be. They beat Manning and Brady. They've already beaten the Steelers in the regular season (and I believe it was in Pittsburgh).

3. The Steelers play sloppy. During the regular season they were averaging something like 100 yards in penalties per game. They had a few big ones against the Ravens too. Playing a good/opportunistic defense means that the chances that they have to score will be limited. They have to make the most of EVERY drive and limit turnovers.

I think the Steelers will be the underdog, but this is why they play the game. No one expected the Saints to loose to 7-9 Seattle, or the Jets to win on the Road against IND and NE.

I just want to vent my frustration to TSW faithful. I hate the Jets more than any other professional sports team. My feelings toward them have intensified since Rex Ryan became the head coach. Unfortunately, I believe that their chances to go to the SB are very good-- for a number of reasons:

1. The Steelers are hurting on the offensive line... too many injuries. The Jets defense is fierce. Big Ben can extend plays by moving around in the pocket, but he can only do so much. I think he's going to get the snot knocked out of him.

2. The Jets will be confident. And why shouldn't they be. They beat Manning and Brady. They've already beaten the Steelers in the regular season (and I believe it was in Pittsburgh).

3. The Steelers play sloppy. During the regular season they were averaging something like 100 yards in penalties per game. They had a few big ones against the Ravens too. Playing a good/opportunistic defense means that the chances that they have to score will be limited. They have to make the most of EVERY drive and limit turnovers.

I think the Steelers will be the underdog, but this is why they play the game. No one expected the Saints to loose to 7-9 Seattle, or the Jets to win on the Road against IND and NE.

The Jets do not match up well offensively to the Steelers. Everything and I mean everything revolves around the power running game and play action. The Steelers are not a defense you run against. The Jets will have problems running the ball and the rest will fall apart offensively. You need to spread out the Steelers defense and I don't think Sanchez has the accuracy and the ability to make those reads. The Steelers defense is playing as well as the Jets defense. I like Big Ben and Steelers in this one.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

If the manner in which the Bills played both teams is any barometer, the Jets should beat the Steelers convincingly.

Of course, that doesn't work in the NFL.

One thing I will say is that the Steelers looked VERY lethargic in the first half against the Ravens on Saturday. They were actually lucky to come away with a win. The Jets beat them a few weeks back, so I expect them to come out motivated and ready to play on Sunday. One thing the Steeler defense does very well is stop the run. In the absence of a running game can Sanchez play well enough to go toe-to-toe with Big Ben? (I know he had 3 TD passes on Sunday -- but was he REALLY asked to do very much against the Patriots?)

Reality check for Jets AND Bears next week!! Steelers and the Pack are THAT good right now.

Though it would be interesting for the two #6 seeds to make it to the SB -- just hate the JEST too much to be interested in makin history!

Pack takes it all in the big one!! Um . . . so to speak!!