Kevin Kolb Landing Places

saundena

Mel Kiper discusses possible landing places for Kevin Kolb on ESPN Insider. Not that I have all that much respect for what Kiper things, but I am curious. Would anyone with insider please care to summarize? Thanks!

Vick's an injury waiting to happen so I doubt very much that Kolb is going anywhere. If by chance he were traded, it'd be for a 1st round pick. Since Fitzpatrick is every bit the player that Kolb is, the Bills won't be trading for the guy and especially wouldn't be using their very valuable 3rd pick in the draft to do so.

Very long article, too long to cut and paste.

1) Arizona

2) San Francisco

3) Tennessee

4) Minnesota

5) Cleveland

"This isn't meant to be a shot at Colt McCoy, who I like and believe has a chance to be a good QB for the Browns. But when you bring in a new coach, as the Browns have, all bets are off in terms of what direction they may choose to go. Cleveland is another team that might not be too far away. This is a team that, in consecutive weeks, battered the Saints and Patriots. Mike Holmgren and Andy Reid go way back. Could something get done?

Others:

I don't see Denver, Carolina or Buffalo as close enough to want to dump draft picks. And in the Bills' case, they may be content to stick with Ryan Fitzpatrick, who was pretty solid in 2010. Miami isn't settled at QB, but I'd be surprised if it pursued one via trade considering the possible competition."

"But before we note which teams would be the best fits for Kolb, let's point out a reason Philly may come to feel better about parting with him. Current third-stringer Mike Kafka has a chance to be a good player. I gave him a second- to third-round draft grade, and the Eagles got him in the fourth. He's got good size (6-foot-3, 225), good arm strength and he completed 65 percent of his passes as a senior at Northwestern. He might be ready to graduate to the role of a solid backup.

Now, let's consider the market.

The situations that make the most sense for a run at Kolb are teams with rosters that have a lot of talent but lack a good starting QB. For me, that eliminates a team like Carolina. You don't move picks for a starter when the roster needs to add multiple pieces. You make this move if you think it immediately makes you a contender. Here's my ranking of teams that could use Kolb the most:"