Looking Back at the Season Predictions

My Epic Fail award goes to a SkunkPost special by Buffalo Sports Daily Patrick Moran. He earns 1st and 2nd place in the NOT! category as well as 1st and 2nd in the "Woulda been nice but..FAIL!".

Overall, most of the pundits were 'meh!' to me. Bills weren't the worst team in the league, but not too far off, either. QB and WR were pleasant surprises, the OL was better than I thought it would be (which ain't saying a lot), and the D was WAY worse. The Talking Heads were Right On! about running a 3-4 D without the manpower.

My Vote for Winner

First place, "NOT!" category

"◊ Fans with Kyle Williams’ jerseys will look to get rid of them by the end of the season. Unless the Bills plan on playing a lot more 4-3 defense than we think, Williams is going to get exposed as not being big and strong enough to anchor any 3-4 scheme."

Kyle Williams jerseys are gone all right...gone from the Bills store as in "sold out" one presumes.

What got exposed, of course, was the lack of sufficient football talent from anyone else on the line.

Second place, "NOT!" category

"◊ I’m anything but sold on Stevie Johnson as a legitimate number two receiver. I think before the end of the season that spot will go to undrafted rookie David Nelson."

Honorable mention

"◊ The enigma that is Roscoe Parrish will continue, preseason love affair and all. I’ve heard it all before regarding him."

First place, "Woulda Been Nice but..FAIL!" category"

"◊ Here is something you haven’t read much elsewhere. Even though he isn’t starting, I STILL think Aaron Maybin will have a breakout season in 2010. Second stringers or not, I really like the way he looked in the second half of the preseason. He’s showing signs of “getting it” and I feel that as the season moves on the coaches will gain confidence of him and he’ll make an impact. Six sacks sounds like a good number."

Second place, "Woulda Been Nice but..FAIL!" category"

"◊ Donte Whitner will by far have his best season. I think he’ll finally live up to expectations that come with a top ten pick."

Honorable mention

"◊ Fans will want to buy a Torrell Troup jersey before the end of this season."

Make us wanna buy your jersey next year, Torrell.

To be fair, this guy did call some things right, including:

- the final departure of Trent Edwards and Marshawn Lynch

- "◊ If the Bills lose to Miami today they’ll be winless at the quarter point of the year."

- "◊ Eric Wood will be starting at center and newly signed Kraig Urbick will be starting at right guard before the season is over."

Ladies and gentlemen, your candidate?