To clear everything up...

Ball'n

Bills Win out..End Season 10-6

3 of 4 things have to happen...

Jax lose 1 out of 3 ( @Green Bay, Houston, @Oakland)

Bal lose 2 out of 3 ( @Indy, @Pitt, Miami)

Denver lose 2 out of 3 ( @Kansas City, @Tenn, Indy)

Jets lose 2 out of 3 ( Seattle, New England, @St. Louis)

If 3 of these things happen we will get the #6 playoff spot. If all 4 of these things happen we will get the #5 playoff spot.

Jets need to lose 1 of there 2 to NE for us to have the tiebreaker. This way we will have an equal head to head record and and we will both 3 - 3 divisional records. We will have the better common opponents record. Buffalo's is 10 - 4 while the Jets cant match that no matter what since they beat a team that we do not play while we lost to both teams the Jets do not play. ( This is now looked at before Conference Record if the team you are competing against is in you division. )

Jax has the tie-breaker over us because they beat us. If they lose 1 game they will have 7 losses.

Bal has the tie-breaker over us because they beat us. If they lose 2 games they will have 7 losses.

Denver has the tie-breaker over us because of Conference Record. If they go 10 -6 they will have a 7 - 5 Conference Record while we will have a 6 - 6 Conference Record. That is why they must lose 2 games so that they have 7 losses.

Yup, that's the way I have it figured. I'll go one step further. I think next week's game at Green Bay is Jacksonville's best chance to lose, though Houston can be a feisty opponent too.

Baltimore should lose to Indianapolis. A few weeks ago, I would have said Pittsburgh would be a guaranteed loss for Baltimore, but Pittsburgh is hanging on to their winning streak by the skin of their teeth. They are beatable right now, and I just hope they have enough gas in the tank to put Baltimore down in a couple weeks. Although I think Miami is improving, I don't think they have enough to knock off Baltimore.

I think Denver loses the final game of the season against Indianapolis. They probably beat Tennessee the week before that. The game at KC will be the crucial one in determining whether or not they will finish out ahead of Buffalo.

Finally, I think the Jets will lose to New England, so the big question is can the leader in the NFC West start acting lilke a division leader.

Of the four teams ahead of us in the wild card chase, three of them are playing games that will go a long way toward determining Buffalo's chances.

One of those Jets losses has to be against the Patriots. If we need to break a tie with the Jets to get in, they need to have lost to the Patriots, because then our division records will be the same, and we'll break the next tiebreaker, which is common opponents.

One of those Jets losses has to be against the Patriots.  If we need to break a tie with the Jets to get in, they need to have lost to the Patriots, because then our division records will be the same, and we'll break the next tiebreaker, which is common opponents.

157871[/snapback]

Yes, said that.

Be careful in this assumption;

I think Denver loses the final game of the season against Indianapolis.

Predicting Week 17 outcomes is often like trying to predict the pre-season. Many teams have their playoff spots locked in and will then rest many of their starters. Unless the Colts are totally obsessed with jacking Peyton's TD pass record up there, they may be in such a spot.

157841[/snapback]

Jax @ Green Bay is losable

Balt @ Indy and @ Pit are losable

Denver v. NE is loable. Tenn and KC are winable

Jets v. NE is losable. Seattle and St. L are winable.

If 3 of these things happen we will get the #6 playoff spot. If all 4 of these things happen we will get the #5 playoff spot.

Jets need to lose 1 of there 2 to NE for us to have the tiebreaker. This way we will have an equal head to head record and and we will both 3 - 3 divisional records. We will have the better common opponents record. Buffalo's is 10 - 4 while the Jets cant match that no matter what since they beat a team that we do not play while we lost to both teams the Jets do not play. ( This is now looked at before Conference Record if the team you are competing against is in you division. )

Jax has the tie-breaker over us because they beat us. If they lose 1 game they will have 7 losses.

Bal has the tie-breaker over us because they beat us. If they lose 2 games they will have 7 losses.

Denver has the tie-breaker over us because of Conference Record. If they go 10 -6 they will have a 7 - 5 Conference Record while we will have a 6 - 6 Conference Record. That is why they must lose 2 games so that they have 7 losses.

157841[/snapback]

I thought the interconference record was the 3rd tiebreaker after the head-to-head and interdivision record. Always that common opponents was 4th or 5th?