We're drafting a DB in first 2 rounds

Anything is possible with the Bills. How many thought they'd be drafting a RB with the 1st pick last year?

I said we'd take Spiller, check my history. The Bills are actually pretty easy to read with some consistency.

The OP makes some very very strong points, but also forget some key ones too:

- Without a new CBA, Whitner remains a RESTRICTED free agent. This also holds true for Poz and Youboty. I am not certain but it may even pertain to GW too, he was a RFA only 1 year ago. This will be an issue with the new CBA too. Either way they are not FAs until a new CBA is agreed upon, and even then they be restricted FAs.

- Last year we went into the draft wanting to fix the OL and didn’t select one until the 5th round.

- We selected Spiller with our first pick last year which filled no needs whatsoever and actually created one as our RBs are worse now than they were last season.

Also, no teams D is built from the secondary up. Well that’s not true because ours is and its the worst in the league. No GOOD teams D is built from the secondary up.

All that said I fully expect that prince ahakadoogie from Nebraska to be our pick (because that was reported already) for 3 reasons. 1- he is a CB we love CBs and should not even think about drafting a CB. 2- he isn’t even the best CB the LSU Peterson is from everything I have heard. 3- We will draft anyone who can return kicks in the top 10.

Look at some of the recent picks with teams rebuilding. KC and CLE took a DB in the first few picks, hoping they would be Palamalou/Reed and so far so good. "Can't miss" DBs at the top of the draft typically are "can't miss".

yup..we have to draft a db somewhere in the mix but probably not in the first two rounds. Free agency is looking good. I watched Lawyer Milloy playing for the seahawks, saw Antoine Winfield strip the ball last week, and it seems Jim Leonard and Nate Clements are doing just fine where they are playing. We gotta get on the receiving end of the free agency situation.

If we had been active in free agency and available trades last year? We'd have opened the season with Michael Vick at QB, Flozell Adams at tackle, Faneca at gaurd (along with Incognito who we would have actually kept) and been a lot better.

Free agency and trades are part of the mix. The Bills superbowl teams relied on good drafts (Smith, Kelly, Thomas Reed) but also on wise trades and free agency....Tasker, Lofton, Biscuit, etc.

Michael Vick was not a free agent and not available last year. The Eagles traded McNab not Vick and I guess we see why now. Adams and Faneca would have been nice additions in retrospect, but 1. who said either was interested in coming here and/or the Bills did not try? 2. Faneca is really only intersting as a starter in retropsect given the injuries. Why would he have come as a backup? The Bills are obviously committed to Levitre and Wood. Incognito is not even worth conversation.