Trade for Luck

31 "qualified" QBs. "To qualify for passer rating, the player must have thrown at least 14 passes/game." There are actually 103 NFL QBs ranked, which makes Fitz a Top 20% QB!

Speaking of reading comprehension, I did acknowledge the one stat category where you were correct. I even extrapolated Fitz's INT numbers to 16 games which would have put him in the bottom 25% in that category as well. But you still ignore the 2 most important QB stats: yards per game and TDs, which put Fitz square in the middle of the pack of NFL starters.

Luckily for us you don't make the picks. I'm pretty certain that the Bills will not waste a high pick chasing some fairy tale franchise QB, unless Luck falls to us. And even then I'm not sure.

PTR

Ha, that is laughable. Fitz is bad, he is average on his best day.

31 QBs played enough to have any meaningful comparison so dont include all those other clowns.

The most important stat for a QB is really wins, but for his position you would exclude INTs as an important category?

The only thing Fitz is close to leading the league in is INTs, hes a below average QB made to look great after years of worse QB play in this town.

Lucky for us you dont make the calls on draft day. You would really hesitate to take luck at #3 should that miraculously happen? says a lot there.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Taking Luck will get Gailey and Nix fired. I strongly believe the Bills will not take a QB in the 1st 3 rounds. Gailey loves Fitz and the Bills have the worst defense in the league and a bad O-line.

Get used to the idea that the Bills will take the best defensive player available at 3 and then again in either the 2nd or 3rd rounds. They are also in deperate need of an OT.

I agree with you , but with that being said , if Luck somehow manages to fall to 3 , do you pull the trigger?

Dude, PTR - Fitzpatrick had a bad year. In his very best statistical categories, he was merely average. In his worst, near the very bottom of the league. You're really splitting hairs with a guy over your quarterback being in the bottom third of the league vs. the bottom quarter. Both are very bad, and are not good enough to contend for championships year in and year out. But yeah, he had a cool beard and gave good press conferences.

Akm404, did you not watch the game yesterday? It's clear that Fitz is the only reason we played competitive in most games. Every single time the Bills played without Fitz we got killed. The line is horrible but somehow Fitz at least made them look average. Put a decent line in front of him and he will be putting up HOF #s.

Akm404, did you not watch the game yesterday? It's clear that Fitz is the only reason we played competitive in most games. Every single time the Bills played without Fitz we got killed. The line is horrible but somehow Fitz at least made them look average. Put a decent line in front of him and he will be putting up HOF #s.

I've watched every minute of every game this year. The ones where Fitzpatrick played well, and the ones that he played terribly. It all added up to a season that was slightly ahead of his career average, but that ultimately came pretty darn close.

Just because he isn't as painful to watch as Trent Edwards was doesn't make him as good as the real NFL quarterbacks.

8 out of the 12 QBs playing in the playoffs were first round draft picks. almost every super bowl is won by a first round draft QB (aside from brady).

so yea when three out of 4 QBs in the playoffs are #1 QBs i think its safe to say thats important. 2 of the non first round QBs, hasselbeck and cassel play in awful divisions and will likely lose their first game leaving 7 out of the remaining 8 QBs as 1st round picks.

Meanwhile, half the teams with a top 10 defense are sitting at home. Its a QB driven league and Fitz isnt the answer.

yes, but do you also take into account that drafting a QB in the first yourself and developing him is a different thing than acquiring a QB drafted in the first and then picking him up after he gets run out of town after failing grandly with the team which picked him.

History is full of QBs drafted early and then run out of town (Steve Young is the classic). If you expand the version of stud QBs to include first day picks then recent examples like Drew Brees or classics like Brett Favre also fit these examples.

Even if you want to claim these are episodes rather than trends, actually until Peyton and RoboQB delivered SB wins to the teams which picked them, one has to go back to the late 80s when Dallas chose Aikman to find a QB drafted in the 1st who delivered an SB win to the team which picked him.

In fact, the teams which make drafting a QB in the first work for them are teams like Pitts where RoboQB was the additional piece complimenting Hines Ward, Polamalu etc rather than the leader like a Bills QB will need to be as he operates with a substandard OL.

Drafting Luck with our team has disaster written all over it.