best lesser known male vocalists

birdog1960

for me, the lesser known female vocalists thread was a big hit. i've made a very nice cd from the recommendations that i'm going to distribute to some of my adult relatives at Christmas (btw, the itunes print program for the jewel box insert incorporating album covers is great). i think it will go over well and introduce some great artists to these folks.

so, how about some male vocalists?..any genre. i'll start it off with Darrell Scott. he has a freebie mp3 on amazon right (Crooked Road) now that's worth picking up. i've seen him live a couple times. great guitar work and voice.

edit; sorry can't find the free mp3 now. must have taken it off.

Edited by birdog1960

for me, the lesser known female vocalists thread was a big hit. i've made a very nice cd from the recommendations that i'm going to distribute to some of my adult relatives at Christmas (btw, the itunes print program for the jewel box insert incorporating album covers is great). i think it will go over well and introduce some great artists to these folks.

so, how about some male vocalists?..any genre. i'll start it off with Darrell Scott. he has a freebie mp3 on amazon right (Crooked Road) now that's worth picking up. i've seen him live a couple times. great guitar work and voice.

edit; sorry can't find the free mp3 now. must have taken it off.

Canadian guy, Doug Paisley...not to be confused with Brad. I like this guys stuff a lot...pretty mellow, a real good songwriter, and a cool voice too!

Edited by Buftex

Canadian guy, Doug Paisley...not to be confused with Brad. I like this guys stuff a lot...pretty mellow, a real good songwriter, and a cool voice too!

youtube.com/watch?v=a-HlxpWXuZs

very nice. here's Scott at jorma kaukonen's Fur Peace Ranch (nice play on words, huh?)

fur peace,in southern ohio does guitar weekend workshops with performers/teachers like scott. i've thought about going but it's pretty pricey. anyone ever done it?