2011 Day Trading game draft

Peace

I'm posting this now for discussion re rules. I'll start an uneditable running thread once 2011 starts.

Rules:

(1) You have $10,000 to spend on any stock traded here in the USA. That includes Pinks and OTCs.

(2) You can buy and trade as much as you want but must record the buys and sells here.

(3) Every buy and sell should be a reply to your last buy/sell post so you can keep a running total.

(4) You must record the buy/sell price at the time of your post. You can't say, "I meant to sell this yesterday when it was up %400." I guess you can "say" that but you can't actually record that transaction in the game.

(5) Everyone is on the honor system for prices.

(6) You can make your first purchase in the New Year.

(7) You MUST make your first purchase in January. (This is to prevent someone coming in in December, making one trade, and winning the game without participating in trash talking.)

(8) You MUST make at least 1 trade worth 10% of your current value per month. (This also prevents someone frmo making a single trade and then exiting...although of course, the savvy trader can just trade ultraconservatively if they do get the blockbuster return.)

(9) All buys and sells must be made in the format of the STATUS POST shown below. If you're confused by what goes in the brackets, you can stop reading now.

(10) Rules are subject to change by me and you can B word all you want but the game is mine and I'm putting up the prize.

PRIZE

As long as I do not have some financial disaster in 2011, winner gets a Kindle. If I back out on the prize, winner gets my undying admiration. But make no mistake, I intend to try my best to actually award the prize. Why not? This makes it fun. If the monkey (random picks) or I win the prize, I will donate the Kindle to a local charity.

Format of STATUS POST:

GAME STATUS POST

Selling:

Sell_#__ shares of [stock] at [price]

Buying:

Buy _#__ shares of [stock] at [price]

Current Portfolio:

Following Buy/Sell above, now holding in portfolio:

_#__ shares of [stock] currently at [price]

Cash:

$_______

Total Current Value of Portfolio: ___[sum of holding in portfolio + Cash]______

Edited by Peace

I'm posting this now for discussion re rules. I'll start an uneditable running thread once 2011 starts.

Rules:

(1) You have $10,000 to spend on any stock traded here in the USA. That includes Pinks and OTCs.

(2) You can buy and trade as much as you want but must record the buys and sells here.

(3) Every buy and sell should be a reply to your last buy/sell post so you can keep a running total.

(4) You must record the buy/sell price at the time of your post. You can't say, "I meant to sell this yesterday when it was up %400." I guess you can "say" that but you can't actually record that transaction in the game.

(5) Everyone is on the honor system for prices.

(6) You can make your first purchase in the New Year.

(7) You MUST make your first purchase in January. (This is to prevent someone coming in in December, making one trade, and winning the game without participating in trash talking.)

(8) You MUST make at least 1 trade worth 10% of your current value per month.

(9) All buys and sells must be made in the format of the STATUS POST shown below. If you're confused by what goes in the brackets, you can stop reading now.

(10) Rules are subject to change by me and you can B word all you want but the game is mine and I'm putting up the prize.

PRIZE

As long as I do not have some financial disaster in 2011, winner gets a Kindle. If I back out on the prize, winner gets my undying admiration. But make no mistake, I intend to try my best to actually award the prize. Why not? This makes it fun. If the monkey (random picks) or I win the prize, I will donate the Kindle to a local charity.

Format of STATUS POST:

GAME STATUS POST

Selling:

Sell_#__ shares of [stock] at [price]

Buying:

Buy _#__ shares of [stock] at [price]

Current Portfolio:

Following Buy/Sell above, now holding in portfolio:

_#__ shares of [stock] currently at [price]

Cash:

$_______

Total Current Value of Portfolio: ___[sum of holding in portfolio + Cash]______

I like it and that is very generous of you. And if you happen to win it, I'd also kick into the charity of your choosing. :beer:

can we buy/sell index funds in the competition?

Yes. I will make that clear in the final rules.

I guess I can't make the thread editable BTW. But people can't go back and change anything but the last post.

Edited by Peace