NFL's fastest

Toledo Bill

I just saw a blurb in SI rating the fastest NFL player. I don't know if it was fan, player or GM based. Randy Moss was considered the fastest, which surprised me.

There are a lot of stat experts that contribute here. Who are the fastest few NFL players, to your knowledge... and where does Lee Evans stand?

Thanks

I just saw a blurb in SI rating the fastest NFL player. I don't know if it was fan, player or GM based. Randy Moss was considered the fastest, which surprised me.

There are a lot of stat experts that contribute here. Who are the fastest few NFL players, to your knowledge... and where does Lee Evans stand?

Thanks

156082[/snapback]

I'm no stat expert, but I always thought Tim Dwight was one of the fastest.

no particular order:

randy moss

joey galloway

bethel johnson

michael vick

michael bennet (if he still counts)

deangelo hall

shawn springs

lee evans

doug gabriel

dante stallworth

laverneus coles

...terrence mcgee is real fast too, those guys up there are all in the 4.30 range

no particular order:

randy moss

joey galloway

bethel johnson

michael vick

michael bennet (if he still counts)

deangelo hall

shawn springs

lee evans

doug gabriel

dante stallworth

laverneus coles

...terrence mcgee is real fast too, those guys up there are all in the 4.30 range

156141[/snapback]

Only 4.30? Wow. That suprises me. I had a couple guys on my HIGH-SCHOOL team that were running 4.15's and so on.

Guest Max in Tampa
Only 4.30? Wow. That suprises me. I had a couple guys on my HIGH-SCHOOL team that were running 4.15's and so on.

156257[/snapback]

I ran a 4.27 in high school; for 25 meters.

I think Joey Galloway has lost a step. Lee Evans is in the low 4.3s somewhere around 4.33. He might not be the fastest Bill, nor might McGee. If I was to bet, my money would be on Jabari Greer. Shawn Springs wouldn't be on my list. A couple who would be are Santana Moss, and Chad Morton.

156257[/snapback]

I currently run a sub 4.5 time. but a 4.15 is beyond amazing, that is world class there. randy moss ran 4.18 at Fla St. and is still in that range. but according to testing last year, the two fastest players in the league were dante hall and antonio brown (yes the chump we cut) and they both ran 4.18-.19.

I currently run a sub 4.5 time.  but a 4.15 is beyond amazing, that is world class there. randy moss ran 4.18 at Fla St.  and is still in that range. but according to testing last year, the two fastest players in the league were dante hall and antonio brown (yes the chump we cut) and they both ran 4.18-.19.

156330[/snapback]

Not sure what to tell you ... I didnt time them.

Chasing that girl in your avatar at the time? It takes me 4.5 to get out of my lazyboy recliner.

Anyone time our 300+ lb DE's returning picks for TD's?

156334[/snapback]

seriously i do run that fast. i am college hurdler, but i think big pats 20 yd. return (beit not a straight line) was slower than 4.5

seriously i do run that fast.  i am college hurdler, but i think big pats 20 yd.  return (beit not a straight line) was slower than 4.5

156338[/snapback]

Listen ... i have a job proposal for ya - you ran that fast, so meet me at the HSBC bank in Rochester at 11:30 tomorrow :D

just throwing a name out there...but Santana Moss is a speedster as well. And you can't forget Shawn Bryson :0

156277[/snapback]

I beat you to Santana Moss. Therefore, I must be faster than you. :D

Oh, and while Bryson is fast for a guy the size of a fullback (even though he probably plays more RB now, he's not in the league's elite. He runs the 40 in the neighborhood of 4.37.

The only 40 times that really count in my book are the ones that are electronically timed. You have a beam or something, and the timer starts when the runner crosses the beam. It stops when the runner crosses the beam at the finish line. Human timers aren't accurate enough, and there is some reason to believe that stopwatch guys give guys the benefit of the doubt.

The only 40 times that really count in my book are the ones that are electronically timed. You have a beam or something, and the timer starts when the runner crosses the beam. It stops when the runner crosses the beam at the finish line. Human timers aren't accurate enough, and there is some reason to believe that stopwatch guys give guys the benefit of the doubt.

156357[/snapback]

You have been watching entirely too much star-treck.

40 times should be taken with a pinch of salt as their is far too much an element of human error involved on the part of the timers. This has been talked over before in other, older threads, but the times quoted as truly fast players' 40 times in the NFL would mean they all would leave the top world sprinters eating dust by a notable margin (indeed the NFL would probably ensure that not one sprinter would make it into the semi-finals let alone the finals of an Olympic / World event if the players decided to be sprinters rather than NFL players (60m or 100m)).

That said the times are okay as a kind of comparative measure, incredibly fast is incredibly fast, but the electronic timing method is the only accurate one (and it is what is used at major athletics events).