NEED TO READ ON FITZ

chasincars

GREAT PIECE WRITTEN BY SAL OF DEMOCRATE AND CHRONICLE ABOUT TIME

Rochester D&C reports: 'Fitzpatrick takes great pride in having graduated from one of the world's most prestigious academic institutions, but here's why his teammates sometimes find it unbelievable that he went to Harvard: "I don't mind it, it's not a bad thing to be known for," Fitzpatrick said, "but I'd rather be known as a winning NFL quarterback, that's for sure."

I still have my football recruitment letter from Harvard. I could only imagine if I graduated from there and played in the NFL. Probably doesn't look too bad on a resume.

I love Fitz and want him to be a Bill for life. I also think he could be a great teacher for a QB that we pick in the draft (cough Cam cough).

Under that logic, we should get Edwards back from Jacksonville to teach Cam how to play football.

Huh? The reason I said that is because Levi Brown came out and said how much he learned from Fitz this year in camp. He said he was a great teacher. Edwards wasn't really a vocal guy. Also given how both played in Gailey's offense, I'd say Fitz understands the offense a little more.

Awesome read!

The best part of the article is where Fitzy's Harvard coach describes his first game where Fitz got to play after their senior qb was benched because of a large lead. After a bunch of running plays..."We called a bootleg and he (Fitz) comes around and just runs a kid over, knocked him out. I turned to one of the assistants and I said 'What the hell do we have here?' That was his way of telling me he's a tough guy and he'll do whatever it takes."

Full Article

Yep that is a reassuring article and plays into what we have seen This year. Our next apprentice qb whatever whenever we get him, should have an excellent mentor. i would like to watch the Fitz play for awhile longer though. he does create some excitement under Chan.