Buffalo Bills On Syracuse TV - 2nd Week In A Row

http://the506.com/sports/?tag=2010-week-12

Even I was wary about having the Buffalo Bills vs. Cincinnati Bengals game broadcast last week here in Syracuse. I didn't want to be embarrassed so I almost wanted the Jets on TV.

I was wrong.

The Bills blowout of the Bengals really woke up a lot of Bills (ok, bandwagon) fans around here. They're starting to come out of the woodwork here in CNY.

Bills vs. Steelers on TV in Syracuse this weekend!!

If the Buffalo wins Sunday vs. Pittsburgh...man, this place is ready to go crazy!! There is A LOT of pent up fan frustration in Syracuse.

Jets & Giants ignored? Splain that one please.

WTVH CBS channel 5 in Syracuse probably got a few requests from Jets fans last week to broadcast their game. The Jets are winning, their training camp (not all of it, though) is in Cortland, and the Bills only had one win prior to last week.

WTVH stuck with the Bills game.

They also probably had a few Giants fans requests this week to broadcast their game since it's on CBS.

Channel 5 is still sticking with the Buffalo Bills, despite just having two wins.

More on WTVH from Wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WTVH

NFL controversy

In 1997, CBS gained the rights to the American Football Conference of the National Football League. The league determined that portions of Yates County, a fairly narrow location only a few miles wide at certain points, was within 75 miles (121 km) of Ralph Wilson Stadium home of the Buffalo Bills. That area is on the far western fringe of the Syracuse market and it has bounced between the Syracuse and Rochester markets a couple of times. Therefore, WTVH is forced to blackout Buffalo Bills games if they do not sell out. With this station's control over the Utica market, unless the Bills are hosting a National Football Conference team or the game is on Sunday or Monday nights, it would be blacked out there as well. This was not the case when NBC held the rights to AFC games. WSTM was allowed to broadcast Bills games even when they did not sell out. However, the NFL and Bills apparently had not checked the regional television market boundaries for a number of years before the switch from NBC to CBS. Bills games at the Rogers Centre in Toronto, Ontario in Canada are not subject to blackout restrictions in Syracuse as no part of the area is within 75 miles (121 km) of Toronto.

WTVH CBS channel 5 in Syracuse probably got a few requests from Jets fans last week to broadcast their game. The Jets are winning, their training camp (not all of it, though) is in Cortland, and the Bills only had one win prior to last week.

WTVH stuck with the Bills game.

They also probably had a few Giants fans requests this week to broadcast their game since it's on CBS.

Channel 5 is still sticking with the Buffalo Bills, despite just having two wins.

The Jets game is on NFLN.