Kellen Moore watch. Boise State tonight

He's a winner ... which cannot be overlooked (see people with all the tools but have never been in winning programs: Losmen, Edwards, etc.).... he reminds me so much of Chad Pennington. I think, like Chad, he'll be a servicable NFL QB, never great, but capable. Good mid to late round option.

Boise State vs. fresno State tonight. I think it's on ESPN at 930pm

Kellen Moore has been absolutly lights out this year and we would be foolish to not at least "consider" the possibility. He is putting up monster stats all season long, and every single year his stats have improved.

Gotta love the guy and what he's accomplished.

But....

I have doubts about him being able to withstand a real NFL pounding and I have more doubts about his arm strength. Probably more of a CFL prospect, I'm sorry to say.

He's a terrific college QB. But, while size isn't the only consideration in a QB, he looks extremely small for an NFL QB. Yes, he and Brees are both listed at 6', but he Moore just looks smaller. Also, Brees is a rare exception.

I'm not suggesting Moore can't and won't be successful in the NFL, but I can't see him being an early pick.

The one thing you can compare with Moore and Brees is that they both played for colleges that primarily threw the ball. Purdue, at the time, threw exclusively and obviously Boise likes to toss the ball. The more common factor with the two players is that they both were, and are, students of the game. Both come from coaching lineage and both QB's can pick apart a defense if given the opportunity. Don't underestimate Moore as a pro, though he doesn't have the ideal size, he has more between the ears than probably 75% of the current NFL QB's.