Adrian Clayborn

mob16151

http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2010/11/5/1795644/adrian-clayborn-2011-nfl-draft-scouting-report#storyjump

Versatility: Able to play in the 3-4 or 4-3 defense as an end, tackle or left-end in the 4-3. Has potential as a Pro Bowl player at any of the three positions. Projects best as a 3-4 defensive end.

Size/Length/Hand size: Is tall and lean. Could add bulk to his lanky frame. Doesn’t have the big bubble that is expected of an interior lineman. Has the frame and look of a defensive end. Has the height to disrupt passing lanes. Can get in the way of quarterbacks vision and release. Has the length to reach into the backfield when engaged by a blocker. Has a powerful punch that can knock blockers off their stance.

Good article, well worth the read.

Edited by mob16151

The first paragraph of that article sums up what I've seen every time I've had the chance to see him play:

"Pass Rush/Closing ability/Moves and counter moves: A good college pass rusher, Clayborn would struggle as a right defensive end in the NFL. He lacks the speed, secondary moves and agility to make it as a pass rusher. As a 3-4 defensive end, Clayborn will be asked to stop the run and, depending on the scheme, create pressure on the pocket. Does not show an ability to dip his shoulder or roll his hips to turn the corner- this must be learned. Has yet to develop a secondary move and relies purely on strength as a college player. As a college defensive end he is stronger than most tackles- this will not be the case in the NFL."

I worry about this guy. Man I want an impact player in this year's draft, I really like what I'm seeing from Nick Fairley

Edited by NickelCity

The first paragraph of that article sums up what I've seen every time I've had the chance to see him play:

"Pass Rush/Closing ability/Moves and counter moves: A good college pass rusher, Clayborn would struggle as a right defensive end in the NFL. He lacks the speed, secondary moves and agility to make it as a pass rusher. As a 3-4 defensive end, Clayborn will be asked to stop the run and, depending on the scheme, create pressure on the pocket. Does not show an ability to dip his shoulder or roll his hips to turn the corner- this must be learned. Has yet to develop a secondary move and relies purely on strength as a college player. As a college defensive end he is stronger than most tackles- this will not be the case in the NFL."

strange... i thought i was reading maybin's scouting report....

Ah, yes.... just what the Bills need, another "jack of all trades", but master of none. Perhaps the Bills can gamble with their 7th rounder.

At this stage, the Bills have no margin of error when they draft. They can't draft on potential!!!! They must be spot on. They must draft a producer which can, and will, be plugged in immediately as a starter at the position they play. No more converting corners to safeties, safeties to LB, tackles to guards, etc., etc. A winless team has a lot of holes and they must be able to plug at least 3-4 of next years draft picks in as starters immediately... otherwise, they're going to suck just as much playing with inferior veteran pieces of $chitt, just as they have been for the past several years. Hey, what's the worse thing that could happen to a winless team by playing rookies?... lose another game? Like I said, They can do that with the pieces of $chitt players they have now.