NFL Owners creating lockout "warchest"

$900 Million?!? The players better realize they aren't going to win in this case and try their best to stop a lockout from happening.

I love how the networks owe the NFL money even if no games are played. Is this a great country or what?

PTR

I cannot imagine there being a lockout. The owners will lose too much money for the 2 or 3 years it takes to rebuild. IF a lockout happens the NFLPA will disolve and with that will create the opportunity for college players in 2011 to either be drafted or sit out until the draft is over. By sitting out they may be able to become a UDFA and select their teams. This "warchest" is a plot to remain organized during any lockout but makes the NFLPA look foolish that they're missing out on 10mil per team on potential earnings.

Of course, it will be our luck that we win a shortened seasons Super Bowl. That comes to 188k that each player could earn as part of their contract for their play in the NFL which is usually about 3-5 years.

How anyone thinks the NFLPA has any care for it's players is amazing. Unless you're one of the highest earning players, important, etc -maybe about 10 per team, you're meaningless and forgotten. Athletes are not always the brightest and are left force to join, even in right-to-work states which is unconstitutional in my opinion.

I love how the networks owe the NFL money even if no games are played. Is this a great country or what?

PTR

Keep reading.

"Broadcasters are also required to pay for rights whether or not games are played in 2011, although eventually that cash will have to be paid back by the league with interest."