QB quandry week 8

Buftex

So, I am kind of desperate in my league. I have Drew Brees, who has been solid FF wise, though not as spectacular as in the past. This week he goes up against a tough Steelers defense on the road...my other option is to go with Matt Cassel, against our beloved Bills...now, we all know how lousy they are at most things, defensively. Who would you start? I never thought I would seriously give consideration to benching Brees for a week (he was my #1 pick)...give me some advise!

Never bench your studs. The Steelers are stout against the run and the Saints don't have much of a running game right now.

Yes, "never bench your studs" is a philosophy I have always stuck with. Sometimes that philosophy can bite you in the ass...as going away from it can. The Bills are just giving up so much yardage to everyone...I realize the Steelers aren't top tier against the pass, but the Saints lack of a running game makes me think Brees could have a long day...

My record is only 2-4-1...but I am still only a spot out of a playoff spot...I feel like I have to take some more chances. I stuck with my studs the first 5 weeks of the season, and ended up 0-4-1.

Thanks for the input...I suspect I will ruminate with this until about a half an hour before kickoff on Sunday! :lol:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.