People Need To Chill Out

Nasty

You have fans here from 12-80 years old.You should expect ALMOST anything.

You got to learn to laugh!

Oh no, don't get me wrong I am all for the fun around here and is one of the reasons I love this board. I have laughed at the jokes made at Maybin's expense a few times. Yeah sometimes I forget when i was 12 I thought I knew everything too lol. Turns out I was wrong kids. Take note :flirt:

I agree with you completely, APV, and - on a slightly different tack - from a team perspective, I think the Bills & RW have generally shown loyalty to the players and staff that have shown loyalty back to the team. Generally. (That's one of the reasons that, unlike some, I have no big beef with the Chris Kelsay contract extension - I'm actually kind of pleased.)

Does anyone remember when Chris Spielman was recovering from a neck injury after the 1997 season? He sat out all of 1998, and he later acknowledged that the Bills continued to pay him when they did not have to do so while he took extra personal time to care for his wife as she was dealing with cancer. Ralph also paid Troy Vincent more than the necessary injury settlement in 2006 when he was upset the front office released him. These examples fly in the face of the "Ralph is cheap" mantra. Though there may be several divisive figures in the front office dating back to Polian's era (not Polian himself, though he could be difficult), Ralph Wilson himself is certainly not a cruel man.

Thank you. Excellent points.

And the year before that (2009, when Nix was Nat'l Scout) he took Wood & Levitre - probably wanted Orapko too, but was over-ridden by Jauron (just speculation on my part, but I'm stickin' with it).

I agree completely with the OP (even though he's nasty) - Nix most definitely has a plan, and isn't going to draft busts just to satisfy the fans. Once Williams and Okung were gone in 2010, Anthony Davis didn't excite Nix and he thought he had a once-in-a-lifetime type player available in C.J. Spiller. He's probably right. I tend to trust Nix and his draft record in San Diego more than the armchair GMs and wah-mbulance drivers on TSW.

When Levy v.1 first got here, he won 2 games after taking over from Hank Bullough and the Bills went 4-11 for the season. The next season, 7-8. Then 12-4, then 9-7, then 4 consecutive Superbowls.

Stop all the bitchin' and give Nix a year or two, ferchrissakes. :wallbash:

Only thing is...that once-in-a-lifetime type player came out a few years ago...his name was Reggie Bush.

Then another came out, his name was Chris Johnson.

Then came out Percy Harvin, another one of them types of players.

Then another named CJ Spiller...but he was not alone, he was joined by players IDENTICAL to him...Jahvid Best and Dexter McCluster.

Out of those 6 players...Buddy ended up with the worst one! :wallbash: (He spent a #9 overall on a 4th rounder and 6th or 7th rounder!)

Edited by Wilson from Gamehendge

Only thing is...that once-in-a-lifetime type player came out a few years ago...his name was Reggie Bush.

Then another named CJ Spiller...but he was not alone, he was joined by players IDENTICAL to him...Jahvid Best and Dexter McCluster.

Out of those 6 players...Buddy ended up with the worst one! :wallbash:

Come on now. Perhaps he's being used sparingly as they try to develop him into an all around player, and he so far hasn't accrued much in the way of statistics, but there's no way that is literally true. The Bills offense overall is in a much worse way than each of those other teams, even Detroit.

People need to chill out and stop trying to pin blame on one person here. I read on here everyday and its always Buddy Nix Sucks, Chan sucks he doesnt know what he is doing, and all that mess. Just chill for a minute. Everybody wants an overnight winner. Well that doesnt happen too often, and most of the overnight sensations are just that overnight. One year they are on the bottom, the next they are on top, then on bottom again. Take for instance the Dolphins, the worst team in the league, then win the division then back to the bottom. The Falcons too same thing. Although both are now a little better then average teams but not great. I will not bad mouth Buddy or Chan. Not right now it is too early and I wish some of you would take that into consideration as well. They inherited a mess and it is going to take a few years to clean it up. I expect them to be towards the bottom this year, at .500 or there abouts next year, and a playoff push in 2012 (2013 if there is a strike). I just say give them a chance and let it play out.

Nobody is questioning that Nix and Gailey took over a bad team, what people are complaining about is that they are making it worse by the week. Everyone not in a coma knew the Bills weaknesses when these guys took over, and they still to this day have not addressed them. They take another running back with the #9 overall pick, when they have a former Pro Bowl RB on the roster and a RB who is coming off of a career year. They don't address the worse line in the NFL, they don't address the worst QB situation in the NFL, and still haven't. Somehow, this team, with basically the same players, especially on defense, only much more healthier than last season, is playing, somehow, much worse than they did last year. They keep talking about how the Bills fans need to be patient and let their plan play out, well news flash morons, Bills fans have been patient for over a decade, have heard this all before, had this same type of scenario of new coaches and front office, we are gonna turn it around thrown at us time and time again. There is no reason to believe that this group of clowns will be any better than any other ones since Ralph forced Wade Phillps out of town. This group they have now is going to have to change their plan and pick up the pace by 10 times what they are doing now if you want them to have a realistic chance of meeting your expectations of .500 next year and playoffs after that. The way Ralph runs this team, and if you spend any time on this board, you will know that Ralph, and justifiably so, gets blamed for this mess much more than Nix or Gailey do. The whole organization just seems like they have no clue what they are doing. Just look at the transactions since they took over-first they screw up the draft-how many are even getting playing time, much less making an impact. Next, having access to as much film from previous seasons as possible, they annoint Trent Edwards as this teams future, much better than any of the other QBs in camp (OK not saying much there), two weeks into the season he is benched, next week released-when the truth be known he looked exactly like what he did the previous two seasons, which they should have seen on film. The starting running back has changed more than the weather does, the starting #2 wide reciever is anybody's guess. I could ramble all day, but don't tell the best fans in the NFL to "Chill Out" when they have been Chilling Out for an entire generation waiting for Ralph to fix this mess he has made, and that he only keeps making worse. So you can go chill, watch this organization flounder, while us fans with a little clue want to be heard and voice our disappointment if Ralph's mess.

Edited by billsfreak

Out of those 6 players...Buddy ended up with the worst one! :wallbash: (He spent a #9 overall on a 4th rounder and 6th or 7th rounder!)

I think most people would be fascinated to get a look at exactly how your brain is wired :wacko: