Chad Rhinehart to PS

tjprime

News

Wondering what anybody (maybe you draft guys) know about this guy. Former 3rd pick, broke his fibula (probably similar to Wood) last year. Like what I've dug up, yes i know it's PS but So was Wrotto.

Maybe nothing this year but potential for next. Maybe someone with a "skins fan friend can find out more from there. Potential sounds good, but......

Draft Profile

News

Wondering what anybody (maybe you draft guys) know about this guy. Former 3rd pick, broke his fibula (probably similar to Wood) last year. Like what I've dug up, yes i know it's PS but So was Wrotto.

Maybe nothing this year but potential for next. Maybe someone with a "skins fan friend can find out more from there. Potential sounds good, but......

Draft Profile

based on what you dug up he "reads" like a solid lineman and a potential tackle! don't know much about the guy, wish i could be excited about it, but in the back of my mind im always reminded that other teams got rid of these players for a reason. im hoping we aquired him the same way the eagles aquired our rb bell (excessive talent at the position), and not the way the jaguars aquired trent edwards (the team didn't want him/fans didn't want him)...hopefully he works out!!!!!!

based on what you dug up he "reads" like a solid lineman and a potential tackle! don't know much about the guy, wish i could be excited about it, but in the back of my mind im always reminded that other teams got rid of these players for a reason. im hoping we aquired him the same way the eagles aquired our rb bell (excessive talent at the position), and not the way the jaguars aquired trent edwards (the team didn't want him/fans didn't want him)...hopefully he works out!!!!!!

I won't complain if they keep looking for options, the more the4y search/look the bigger chances they will eventually find someone that can contribute.

From the Mle Kiper 2008 draft guide

rated as the 6 best guard. \

Initial quickness, athletic and strength to handle power guys. Average puller needs to show improvement when it comes to making solid contact at the second level . Extremely smart and has good versatility , can play tackle or guard. On the neegative side states that he might not be more then a capable back up .

sounds a lot like urbik . which may be an indication of what kind of guards they are looking for, leading me to believe wood will be moved to center in the offseason .

We had him as the 10th best OG at Northern Iowa, so a 5th Rounder type. Surprised he went in the 3rd. The negative on him was he wasn't great at getting to the second level but would be a solid backup OG. He had a boken fibula a year ago last November, and a public intoxication arrest but was released.

Way I read it was he pulled on a door to a closed pizza place and set off an alarm. Then when the police showed up he refused a breathalyzer and was charged. If I remember right it was $195 dollar fine mentioned. So to me, not a really big deal. he wasn't brawling with cops (Whitner), hitting a pedestrian (Lynch), or even mouthing off to the cops (I'm Ko Simpson and I'm worth millions). In the hierarchy of what some players have done, it ranks pretty low, from what I heard mind you.

I guess the key would be how he recovered from the broken fibula. He might of been still recovering and the Jets tried to stash him but decided they needed depth in another area or he wasn't healing fast enough.

Edited by tjprime

Who knows if this guy will be any good. To me it appears that Buddy is "drafting" these guys -- they're all relatively recent high-to-mid draft picks of other teams.

When you know your team has been drafting like crap, what do you do? You find other teams draft picks and see if they work out for you.