NFL to start suspending for helmet to helmet shots

DarthICE

I gotta agree, obviously fines aren't doing it. There were several that were intentional this weekend. The guy from Pitt had TWO of them this last weekend putting players out. The shot on the WR from Philly was more than obvious. Look I am all for playing the game but intentionally leading with the helmet and taking guys out is too much.

I gotta agree, obviously fines aren't doing it. There were several that were intentional this weekend. The guy from Pitt had TWO of them this last weekend putting players out. The shot on the WR from Philly was more than obvious. Look I am all for playing the game but intentionally leading with the helmet and taking guys out is too much.

The minute a guy gets knocked out of the game by helmet to helmet contact the one who initiated it should be tossed also, then weigh further suspension after the game. Suspensions should certainly be done, but that kind of hit in a game leads to an unfair advantage for the other team. Harrison lowered his head and totally went headfirst into Cribbs. No penalty, but you could use replay to toss him out. Then he comes back later and knocks out their #1 receiver Massaquoi (though he wasn't leading with his head as much). What good does it do a team like Cleveland to suspend a Harrison after the game when he's just taken out 2 of your top playmakers?

Edited by GaryPinC

The minute a guy gets knocked out of the game by helmet to helmet contact the one who initiated it should be tossed also, then weigh further suspension after the game. Suspensions should certainly be done, but that kind of hit in a game leads to an unfair advantage for the other team. Harrison lowered his head and totally went headfirst into Cribbs. No penalty, but you could use replay to toss him out. Then he comes back later and knocks out their #1 receiver Massaquoi (though he wasn't leading with his head as much). What good does it do a team like Cleveland to suspend a Harrison after the game when he's just taken out 2 of your top playmakers?

Spot on. That's the way hockey does it (game misconduct and then an evaluation of whether a suspension is appropriate), and although the NHL has some distance to go still (the suspensions should be longer, considering the 82 game season), it's a step in the right direction.

Also, in addition to that, Harrison said he didn't regret anything he did on either of the hits. I have always hated Harrison and I think he is a giant douchebag. He should be suspended for those hits, no questions about it.