Flutie Flake Curse

shane nelson

Ever since Doug Flutie was benched by then Head Coach Ralph Phillips or was it Wade Wilson the Bills have been terrible with string of bad luck and horrendous personal decision. I think we need a new name to help us survive these years of misery. If the NY Rangers can get though chants of "1940" and the Red Sox make it through the curse of the Bambino. Why not a curse name of our own. It will at least give us some form of identity. I was think about the The Flutie Flakes Curse.

What's yours?

It goes back much further than Flutie - for me, it will always be 'The Curse of Pete Gogolak'...

The Bills were the AFL Champions in 1965 when NY Giants owner Wellington Mara violated an agreement between the two leagues and signed Gogolak from the Bills. It would be the Bills' last league championship. The AFL was in its infancy and Ralph was unprepared for a bidding war, so Gogolak left for $greener$ pastures. Gogolak went on the become the NY Giants' leading scorer - a stat he owns to this day - and the Bills haven't won a league championship since. After the Gogolak incident, the Bills missed out by one game on playing against Lombardi's Packers in Superbowl I, and would have to wait 25 years for another shot at a league championship in Superbowl 25 against - go figure - the NY Giants, setting in motion that unprecedented string of four straight Buffalo Bills trips to the Superbowl, and four straight losses.

The curse needs to end - we all need to grab our

Whammy Weenies

rent a bus, take a road trip to Hawthorne, NY, and do a REVERSE THE CURSE!!!!! dance on Wellington Mara's Grave!

post-2970-026882600 1287204786_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Senator

Ever since Doug Flutie was benched by then Head Coach Ralph Phillips or was it Wade Wilson the Bills have been terrible with string of bad luck and horrendous personal decision. I think we need a new name to help us survive these years of misery. If the NY Rangers can get though chants of "1940" and the Red Sox make it through the curse of the Bambino. Why not a curse name of our own. It will at least give us some form of identity. I was think about the The Flutie Flakes Curse.

What's yours?

Didn't the Flutie Curse start when he fumbled away a playoff victory the year before he was benched?