Whitner finally says something that makes sense

billsfreak

Wow! How drunk are you guys when watching Witner play!!!??? He's a complete liability out there! He is a bust and he should be the next player traded or cut. Just take a look at the stats of the last TE's we have played.

M. Lewis - 2 TD's

D. Keller - 2 TD's

He hasn't covered a TE his whole career. He is pathetic in pass coverage and occasionally has a big hit only to whiff on a tackle for a long TD the next play - See LT 2 weeks ago.

I like his bravado and his opinions because "losing" does effect him. I like the fact he is not afraid to back away from the hard questions etc...

But he sucks!

End of story.

I love when people openly show how little they understand about football. It's like most people forget it's even a team game. If we had any resemblance of a pass rush or LB's that could hold their own in pass coverage, Donte wouldn't be put in such bad positions every time. And don't you think it's a bad idea to match up a 5'10" Donte Whitner on a 6'6" 275 lb Marcedes Lewis or a 6'2" 248 lb Dustin Keller?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love when people openly show how little they understand about football. It's like most people forget it's even a team game. If we had any resemblance of a pass rush or LB's that could hold their own in pass coverage, Donte wouldn't be put in such bad positions every time. And don't you think it's a bad idea to match up a 5'10" Donte Whitner on a 6'6" 275 lb Marcedes Lewis or a 6'2" 248 lb Dustin Keller?

I agree, we will never know how good our secondary can be when they have to do most of the tackling also, since our front 6 or 7 can't get out of their own way.

So it's his fault he is covering WRs 20-30 yards downfield and has to make tackles 20 yards downfield b/c our front 7 is so bad? You cannot blame him for that.

If you go to the games and actually watch the plays develop it is NOT the defensive backfields' fault. Donte Whitner is far from the problem on this team. If the board wants a "whipping boy" try the front seven....they are terrible.

Maybe not, but it is 'Lil donte's fault that the opposing receivers are ALWAYS OPEN. Doesn't seem to matter who we play- they are always F'ing OPEN. OUR receivers, on the other hand, are NEVER open. 0-5, loosing fans by the minute. Yup. Blacked out last week and I didn't even give a damn... 1st time in 23 years... I didn't care.

Maybe not, but it is 'Lil donte's fault that the opposing receivers are ALWAYS OPEN. Doesn't seem to matter who we play- they are always F'ing OPEN. OUR receivers, on the other hand, are NEVER open. 0-5, loosing fans by the minute. Yup. Blacked out last week and I didn't even give a damn... 1st time in 23 years... I didn't care.

It was the first time we were blacked out since '06. But good try :thumbsup: