You may disagree, but the biggest problem with this team is the player

NixFan

Multiple people (players and coaches) have stated that there is only so much a coach can do to prepare you for that weeks game.

Players and coaches again have stated that they execute well in practice, but don't fill the void on the field.

Multiple players have stated that there are players who want to be here and those who don't. "Some of us need to look in the mirror and do some soul-searching..." (paraphrasing Fitzy)

Nix and Gailey have their core guys of 5-6 players. In my opinion, that is: Kelsay, K. Williams, Whitner, Jackson, Fitzy and Wood.

Kelsay was rewarded with his big extension not because he is a game-changing play maker, but because he exemplifies a true hard worker who gives it his all not only in practice but in games and is a vocal team leader on the field and in the locker room (Kelsay knows he isn't great but that doesn't stop him from trying play in and play out). He's caught in between 2 positions and is learning a new defense. Last year and previously he was solid against the run along with another fan favorite, Keith Ellison.

The front office sign Kelsay to that extension because they're letting the rest of the team know, that if you are putting in the work and proving that you actually want to play here and want to win, that you will be rewarded.

Others, on the other hand, will be cut and/or traded.

I created a post about this topic, which nobody seems to care about.

After awhile, you have to stop with the cliches, and look at the truth.

Maybe the reason why the players are always out of position, can't get off blocks, and are "shocked" when they get on the field is because they are not talented enough.

I mean, a roster full of 3rd stringers can study their tails off; but come game day if they are still a bunch of 3rd stringers on the roster they are going to get pummeled by the other teams starters.

I created a post about this topic, which nobody seems to care about.

After awhile, you have to stop with the cliches, and look at the truth.

Maybe the reason why the players are always out of position, can't get off blocks, and are "shocked" when they get on the field is because they are not talented enough.

I mean, a roster full of 3rd stringers can study their tails off; but come game day if they are still a bunch of 3rd stringers on the roster they are going to get pummeled by the other teams starters.

I agree. Our talent pool level is pretty low.

That's obvious since we've been ranked 32nd since what, week 2?