Bills will no longer be laughed at.

djsabres

I am 100% certain that Buffalo Bills owner Ralph Wilson is priming this team for a sale and eventual move to another city.

100%!

No doubt.

They're gone.

There will never be a Vince Lobmardi in WNY.

Ralph Wilson knows that in the current economy even a so-so team would fetch a hefty amount of money to sell but a 0-16 team could be sold easily - cheap. Even if the Bills are sold cheaply RW still makes a lot of money.

Oh, well. We still have the Orangemen football here in Syracuse.

Vince Lobmardi?

Edited by Thurman#1

None. That's my whole point. The team will be sold cheap, with no State assistance, but RW still makes a very handsome profit.

They're GONE!!

Yeah, the other day I decided to sell my car. First, I ran sandpaper over the body. Then I threw sand in the gas and ruined the engine. Now, the price I get is way down. I'm an economic genius and a shrewd schemer, according to you.

Edited by Thurman#1

RW IS purposely fielding a crappy tram and has been for years. He wants none of the blame when they leave, whether he is dead or alive to witness the fallout. The team is being positioned for a sale and not to become a winner. Also, cheap is a relative term. The team used to be worth over $900 million. Now they are worth over $800 million. Do you really think RWs family is worried about making $100 million less profit on a $50k investment?

Of course the team is history in BUF. I've been saying it for three years now. If they do win a game this year it will be a fluke and not some organizational genius that somehow shone through. For the first time in my life, I bet against BUF today and won. I could never bring myself to do that before. However, this team is the train-wreck of the NFL. If they are ever in a less-than-double-digit spread, bet against them every time. You will make money.

Wow!

A Bills fan who, for the first time in their life, bet AGAINST the Bills. That is sad. :bag:

Bottom Line: Either the Bills are sold and they move or they totally SUCK for freakin' ever! There's NO in between.

I think Ralph is priming for a sale but cutting payroll expenses and shedding junk players who are over paid !

Cornell Green ,Donte Whitner,Kelsey and Stroud should be next !

:thumbsup:

U nailed it!

:thumbsup:

It will be the first team to let the Bills beat them.

Some of the responders went off on a tangent. Getting back to your title, I agree with you to a point. Teams that take the Bills lightly and blow a game to them will be laughed at, but only briefly. However, people will continue to disrespect the Bills before and after they steal a couple of games. Ours is a long-term humility, steeped in tradition, with decades of history. This organization is so pathetic that any very good player (or coach, or GM) would be crazy to sign on with the Bills. Of course, there is even more snickering going on about Ralph Wilson. Look up "inept" in your dictionary and you will see Ralph's picture there. But Wilson is laughing, too... all the way to the bank.

I don't subscribe to all of these Wilson-holding-the-team-back conspiracy theories.

They just don't hold water.

From a pure business sense, selling an inferior product decreases its value. When you are trying to sell something, you're trying to get as much value as you can for the product. Self-sabotaging your product because you want to sell it makes no sense.

What would make sense is if Wilson suddenly started pulling Snyder-esque spending on free agents to stack the roster to appear like a star-studded cast.

No.

What makes more sense to me, is that Buffalo is a small market team, competing against big market cities like Dallas, Washington, and NY. Population has been leaving WNY in droves for decades. Industry is gone. Jobs are gone. No relief in sight. Toronto, as 1 of the top 5 largest cities in North America offers promise. But the current product is not enducing love that far north of the border right now, either. They may support the Maple Leafs, but Canadiens are not that stupid after all to follow a team like the current Bills.

There have long been rumors of infighting between Polian and treasurer Littman and money man Overdorf. They were going to Super Bowls, so thankfully Polian had Wilson's ear.

Now that Polian is gone, I think Wilson defaulted his trust to Littman and Overdorf. They no doubt have heavily influenced Wilson into building on the cheap. I mean, 10 years of Modrak and we have nothing to show for it. This guy was supposedly responsible for building Philly back in the day. Now he gets here, and he can't produce one proven player in 10 years? He can't build anything resembling a team or core of players?

I think Modrak should have long since been relieved of his duties.

But I also believe that Littman and Overdorf are getting to Wilson and convincing him that due to regional economics, we need to be doing it cheaply.

IMO, if Littman and Overdorf don't see a team being sustainable in WNY, then I don't know why they just don't resign and go work somewhere else. Let somebody else take over. What good does imposing self-limiting beliefs have on an NFL franchise?

Littman and Overdorf doing it on the cheap has produced a team that is just that- a second tier team of nobodies.

You are correct. In the late '80s / early '90s, Canadians loved the Bills, now they hate them. Imagine if the Bills were a successful franchise - there would be bidding wars amongst Canada's wealthy to buy the team (never mind all of the US Billionaires who already are in the game)! There's a lot of $$$ in Ontario alone - not just in Toronto. But Billionaires don't want to buy a loser, they want to buy a turn-key operation that already has a winning structure in place. If the team was a first-class organization, then the value of the team would exceed a Billion dollars.

Anyone who says Ralph is purposely driving down the value of his team so someone else will buy it, doesn't understand business, economics, or pro sports. Also, when you consider how much taxes will erode the sale value, I'm quite sure a $100 million, to use the original poster's example, will be quite significant to the Estate's heirs.

Imagine if the Bills were a successful franchise - there would be bidding wars amongst Canada's wealthy to buy the team (never mind all of the US Billionaires who already are in the game)! There's a lot of $$$ in Ontario alone - not just in Toronto. But Billionaires don't want to buy a loser, they want to buy a turn-key operation that already has a winning structure in place. If the team was a first-class organization, then the value of the team would exceed a Billion dollars.

Anyone who says Ralph is purposely driving down the value of his team so someone else will buy it, doesn't understand business, economics, or pro sports. Also, when you consider how much taxes will erode the sale value, I'm quite sure a $100 million, to use the original poster's example, will be quite significant to the Estate's heirs.

You are living in fantasy land! Is John from Hemet in there with you?

Maybe the sale aggreement is done, and ralph is just trying to trim some of the dead weight to lower the operating cost. I would think when it come to buying an nfl team, the price is the price. I don't think you can really shop around. The Bills maybeworth 800 million in buff, but billion some where else. I really don't think the team is staying in buff, so ralph knows that and can get this price.

I am 100% certain that Buffalo Bills owner Ralph Wilson is priming this team for a sale and eventual move to another city.

100%!

No doubt.

They're gone.

There will never be a Vince Lobmardi in WNY.

Ralph Wilson knows that in the current economy even a so-so team would fetch a hefty amount of money to sell but a 0-16 team could be sold easily - cheap. Even if the Bills are sold cheaply RW still makes a lot of money.

Oh, well. We still have the Orangemen football here in Syracuse.

do you realize how stupid your logic sounds.dumbest thing i ever heard. crappy team easy to sell cheap. great logic make your team so bad so you can sell it for less money. absolute stupidity.

an NFL team good or bad is worth a fortune. if they are a bad team they are not worth less.

you devalue your business so you can sell them for what less money,just asinine?

this has nothing to do with wilson selling the team.

there are only 32 of these franchises in the world they are worth their weight in gold.to think Ralph is trying to make the team bad so he can sell it cheap is the dumbest logic i ever heard.really stupid man i'm sorry.

really man try using your head before talking.

there is only one spot for a new franchise and thats LA. oakland,SF and minny will be one of the teams going there not buffalo.

just as info last week Oakland had 32,000 fans @ their game.

to equate our being bad as a signal that the team is being sold(for cheap no less) is flat out foolish and laughable.