Disappointed fans jump off the Bills bandwagon

What we are missing is this is the first time we've had respected GM and head coach since the early 90's. I mean respected by guys who know what they are talking about not "Johnnie from Dunkirk". This isn't the same old bills the frustration is it takes a couple years. We've waited this long I can wait another year or two. They will get it corrected, but realize the talent level on this team is very low.

Seriously? We have a "GM" who is a washed up scout at best and a head coach who was fired as an OC before last season started. I'm frankly just hoping this regime doesn't get the 3-4 years we have given every other cheap hire who Ralph was comfortable with. Stop kidding yourself and being a lemming. When this board was talking GM and HC's not one person wanted Gailey or Nix. I have no idea how now they have become respected by making bad personnel moves. But....but....they talk like they don't care and sound tough. It's because they really don't care if they are fired because the only move left is the old folks home.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're either a fan or you're not. I'm 48 years old. I've been following this team since I was old enough to understand the game.

That includes the '84-'85 seasons. The difference between myself and some fans is that I can put things in perspective. It's entertainment, not a way of life.

"It's entertainment, not a way of life"

Exactly. That's what we are lacking is entertainment. I'm not slicing my wrists, I'm stopping the supporting of a team to send a message to it's management (or lack thereof).

I want to be entertained, not shaking my head at every 3 and out.

I am a football fan first, and a Bills fan second. That's why I'm boycotting the Bills by not buying any merchandise, tix, and I ain't watching anymore. I will watch competitive games and get my entertainment abroad in the NFL landscape.

Tomorrow, while all the "true Bills Fans" are watching a laugher, I will be investing my entertainment time watching KC/Indy, or STL/DET...or even NYG/HOU. Does that make me a bandwagon fan? Because I can't stand watching the Bills ruin 3 hours of my supoosed entertainment time? When the Bills organization starts showing me something that tells me they are providing customer support, then I'll start showing them I'm a fan by watching them again.

Have to keep going back to the Snicker Bar analogy for all you self-proclaimed "real" fans.....

Edited by Arrogant Bastard

What we are missing is this is the first time we've had respected GM and head coach since the early 90's. I mean respected by guys who know what they are talking about not "Johnnie from Dunkirk". This isn't the same old bills the frustration is it takes a couple years. We've waited this long I can wait another year or two. They will get it corrected, but realize the talent level on this team is very low.

LMAO. Where do some of you get this stuff? Really? Buddy Nix was a respected GM? By who? He was a scout. An old scout. As a matter of fact, I remember more opinions from other NFL personnel people making fun of the Bills than liking the Nix hire. Although, I take that with a grain of salt as those sources were anonymous in articles.

Next, Chan Gailey? By who? This board's homers? Chan lead the Cowboys to two straight playoff appearances. He was canned. The kinds of coaches that come to mind as getting canned after making the playoffs every year with a team are the likes of Wade Phillips and Barry Switzer. Are they respected? They are pretty much thought of as goofballs. Although Wade is a very respected and very accomplished D-coordinator.

Nix has already done VERY questionable things. VERY. Spiller and Kelsay. Those are only two things, but they are major things that will either help his plan or hurt it toward how he rebuilds this team. Gailey has no chance right now, so I'll reserve judgement on him. He needs some talent, but his choice of D-Coord's seems weak. But again, it's not even fair to try to evaluate him at this point. Nix is arrogant, and full of himself, which will get old if his picks don't pan out fast.

We'll see how it all works out. But please, there aren't any people in the NFL thinking that the Bills front office and coaching staff is "very respected". Hell, we are dead last in our own division in that aspect.

Edited by Lv-Bills