Do what the Jets did to us

In my paper the Star Ledger, they talked about how the Jets used a fullback on 44 plays in the game as a lead blocker on running plays.

We have Corey McIntyre who is a very physical player (two monster tackles on special teams).

Hopefully with a new commitment to run Spiller, I would like to see them put Spiller in an I-formation, give it to him 5-7 yards back and let him pick his hole. The man has moves. This would take advantage of that.

In my paper the Star Ledger, they talked about how the Jets used a fullback on 44 plays in the game as a lead blocker on running plays.

We have Corey McIntyre who is a very physical player (two monster tackles on special teams).

Hopefully with a new commitment to run Spiller, I would like to see them put Spiller in an I-formation, give it to him 5-7 yards back and let him pick his hole. The man has moves. This would take advantage of that.

unfortunately we dont have an OC that can think like this

The biggest challenge with using a fullback as a lead blocker for Spiller is that the two players need a ton of reps together. Spiller isn't a patient runner and running behind a FB takes amazing patience.

I'm not saying it couldn't work but go back and look at some film of Gardner and Thomas. A lot of time Thurman is literally riding Carwell's hip until they break out into the open.

Do what the Jets did to us? Bend us over and pound us remorselessly with superior talent?

Don't think we can pull that off :(

Yeah, it's a bad sign when all of your defenders say after the game that the other team did exactly what the expected, with no surprises whatsoever, and you still got destroyed both on the ground and through the air.