The Wildcat Offense Will Be An Integral Part Of Our Future Offense

I don't see the wildcat formation viable long-term. Every defense in the NFL was unprepared for that type of attack when Miami unveiled it in the pros a couple years ago. Now , each D-cord. has a scheme(s) against it and will only improve in time. Its a fad. Miami was horrible in the wildcat last night ( granted they were playing the jets d ) but it still hasn't packed the same punch for any team this year as it has in the past.

Did I miss something here? Did the Jets have a short week and play the Bills on Sunday and the Dolphins on Monday? I guess Sunday was just a walk though for the Jets. They hardly broke a sweat.

The wildcat offense has been solved and will fade away. Every defense in the NFL, except ours, has figured it out.

The funny thing is if you actually watched the Jets/Bills game, the one time the Bills did go into the Wildcat formation, the Jets immediately called a timeout on defense. The Bills come out in the EXACT same formation and the jets obviously called a timeout to game plan against it and Jackson runs for an easy 5-6 yards. :thumbsup:

Also if you have actually watched the Bills games this year, every time they have run that formation it has been for positive yards and over the past several years has been overwhelming a positive addition to the offensive schemes. :thumbsup:

Might as well adapt and change up the wildcat/WildBill a little bit. just for sake of example, why not go in I formation, with a backup qb in who has no problems with blocking, put qb in motion, hike to jackson, (can go on option with Spiller with guard pulling) or if another play is called hand off to spiller, or throw pass, or short lateral to qb and pass. there are many options besides just your basic wildcat. can't run this stuff too often in the NFL but why not be a little creative now and then.

I agree. Especially if we draft a young quarterback next year. Takes some of the pressure off of him and keep the defense a bit more honest. Otherwise he will get killed. Its smart football.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Is there any proof to back up the statement/argument that the Wildcat offense is a fad, defenses have figured it out and is going out of style?

That's just my personal opinion.

I think part of the reason it has been effective is that teams initially were just very unprepared for it. There's a lot more film on it now, and teams are getting better at defensing it.

I'm not saying it's totally dead, I just think defenses are catching up. It is still good for a change of pace every once in a while.

A run with Jackson out of the Wildcat with an option to Spiller will be one of many new offensive plays we will see this year and for years to come. :thumbsup:

Just remember that you read it here first. I would not be surprised at all to see this implemented into the offense as soon as this weeks game against the Jags.

Go Bills!

The Wildcat is a dying breed. Even the Dolphins are starting to move away from it!