The Bills Real Competition

In this thread you post who you think will be the Bills biggest competition for the number one pick and why (bad team, bad coaching, tough schedule, injuries, etc).

Here's a short list to get you started (in no particular order):

Cleveland Browns

Oakland Raiders

Detroit Lions

Carolina Panthers

San Francisco 49ers

Do any of these teams have the heart and commitment to outstink the Bills and steal away Andrew Luck from us?

In this thread you post who you think will be the Bills biggest competition for the number one pick and why (bad team, bad coaching, tough schedule, injuries, etc).

Cleveland Browns

Oakland Raiders

Detroit Lions

Carolina Panthers

San Francisco 49ers

Do any of these teams have the heart and commitment to outstink the Bills and steal away Andrew Luck from us?

I think right now Carolina is our biggest competition for last place in the 2010 NFL season. Detroit, Cleveland, and Oakland all seem to be somewhat moving forward. I think San Francisco is a dark horse though, because despite all the frigging talent on that team they still manage to lose games with ease.

I think right now Carolina is our biggest competition for last place in the 2010 NFL season. Detroit, Cleveland, and Oakland all seem to be somewhat moving forward. I think San Francisco is a dark horse though, because despite all the frigging talent on that team they still manage to lose games with ease.

Yah, don't underestimate the Singletary factor.

The man was obviously an all time great linebacker and competitor, and by all accounts is a good person with a lot of class and integrity.

With that said, he is an absolute JOKE as a head coach. I mean, he pulled his pants down in front of his team for God's sake.

Cleveland Browns

Oakland Raiders

Detroit Lions

Carolina Panthers

San Francisco 49ers

The Bills play the Lions and Browns so we all will see first hand just how bad this team is under Gailey, the Bills have the worst O line by far and arguably the worst QB situation and absolutely the worst head coach.

Nix and Gailey paid Cornell Green 3 mill and paid Chris Kelsay 25 mil extension, both at positions they can't play... you actually expect these two to make the correct choice in the upcoming draft?

This team can't run the ball, the QB has 2-3 seconds each pass play to throw or they are de-pants-ed, sacked, hit or hurried. So the O line actually got worse under Gailey, they can't run block or pass black and you wanna throw a rookie QB in there?

Cleveland Browns

Oakland Raiders

Detroit Lions

Carolina Panthers

San Francisco 49ers

I'm in agreement with the whole Luck staying in school theory, so unless we have the #1 pick in 2012, we aren't getting him. To answer the original question, I think the Raiders, Browns and Panthers will all be in the running with us for the 1st pick, and although they're both 2-2, I see the Rams and Jags coming back to reality and competing as well.

Luck will go to a BAD team in the 2010 draft, or he will go to a BAD team in the 2011 draft. The best Qb's go to the worst teams. Line 'em up, that's just how it works. I tire of these young little dudes attempting to decipher whether a draft-potential team is good enough for them. That's why it's called a 'draft'.

Cleveland Browns

Oakland Raiders

Detroit Lions

Carolina Panthers

San Francisco 49ers

Carolina

Cleveland Browns

Oakland Raiders

Detroit Lions

Carolina Panthers

San Francisco 49ers

Won't be Browns or Lions. They get to play the Bills.

Cleveland Browns -- maybe, but they are already one win ahead

Oakland Raiders -- doubtful, they are actually improving and could get to 5 wins

Detroit Lions -- doubtful, they already have their QB

Carolina Panthers -- very possible; but depends on Clausen's progresses

San Francisco 49ers -- somewhat possible, though hard to imagine they won't get 5 wins against that soft schedule.

At this point, it's hard to imagine the Bills won't have a crack at either (if not both) Luck and Mallet.