Eastbound & Down

bills44

the "Real American" scene was one the funniest things I've seen in a very long time. :lol:

I'm cracking up just thinking about it.

Danny McBride: :worthy::thumbsup:

I thought that this episode was much funnier than the first one, IMO. I loved when he shot Steve in the leg, that scene was also hilarious.

I almost didn't watch this one because the first one was so bad...but episode II totally redeemed the show for me...hilarious!!

Wow I thought the first one was funny with the rooster fighting angle. I've loved every episode so far. We didn't have HBO until a month or so ago(got it for Dexter)so I never watched the first season. A couple weeks ago the ran all of them so I recorded them. McBride is great.

Wow I thought the first one was funny with the rooster fighting angle. I've loved every episode so far. We didn't have HBO until a month or so ago(got it for Dexter)so I never watched the first season. A couple weeks ago the ran all of them so I recorded them. McBride is great.

If you got HBO to watch Dexter, you might be disappointed.

If you got HBO to watch Dexter, you might be disappointed.

Watched the first 3 seasons on Blue Ray. For me, although I really like Dexter, could have waited until the current season came out on Blue Ray but what the hell. Eastbound makes it worth it.

Watched the first 3 seasons on Blue Ray. For me, although I really like Dexter, could have waited until the current season came out on Blue Ray but what the hell. Eastbound makes it worth it.

Dexter is an awesome show, but Dexter is on Showtime. They are 2 episodes into the new season.

Dexter is an awesome show, but Dexter is on Showtime. They are 2 episodes into the new season.

Oh **** your right. We had to get the package that had Showtime and it came with HBO, Starz and so on. Cant buy the premiums a la carte any more.

Maybe I'm reading too deeply into this, but Kenny Powers is the latest in a succession of "anti-heroes" we've seen in these cable-series. Rather than have a larger-than-life personality engage in some sort of struggle, it's been a rather flawed person deal with everyday issues (Tony Soprano, Don Draper, Walter White, Nancy Botwin, Hank Moody). The writing on these shows is fantastic, but perhaps we're drawn to the lead character because we sympathize with the struggle?

Of course, I could be way off. I've never escaped to Mexico to live above Pedro from "Napoleon Dynamite" and have the Oompa Loompa as my side-kick.

:lol:

Maybe I'm reading too deeply into this, but Kenny Powers is the latest in a succession of "anti-heroes" we've seen in these cable-series. Rather than have a larger-than-life personality engage in some sort of struggle, it's been a rather flawed person deal with everyday issues (Tony Soprano, Don Draper, Walter White, Nancy Botwin, Hank Moody). The writing on these shows is fantastic, but perhaps we're drawn to the lead character because we sympathize with the struggle?

Of course, I could be way off. I've never escaped to Mexico to live above Pedro from "Napoleon Dynamite" and have the Oompa Loompa as my side-kick.

:lol:

That's partly why I have been attracted to this show (for the most part). Kenny Powers would NEVER admit to being an anti-hero or someone who is just dealing with every day events. In his mind, he's a fuggin LEGEND, and it doesn't matter if he's pitching in MLB, pitching for a small obscure team in mexico, or coaching gym class...it's ALL about Kenny Powers' awesomeness lol. One of the things that cracks me up the most is when you get to hear some of what he's laying down on tape for his "manuscript" lmao...good stuff!

PS. Vote for Pedro