How Many Mistakes Can A Front Office & Coaches Make

box0life

We are only four weeks into the season and the amount of mistakes this front office and coaching staff have made is unbelievable. Why aren't these stiffs made accountable for this crap they are putting on the field:

1. Keeping Trent Edwards as our starting quarterback

2. Hiring Gailey and Edwards to coach this team

3. Not getting a Free agent quarterback (ie. Vick)

4. Getting rid of T. Owens - He had 221 yards today

5. Signing Cornell Green at $3,000,000 per year and then starting him

6. Giving a 4 year contract extension to Kelsay - Why??

7. This last draft class - looks terrible so far

8. Not trading a RB for somebody that can actually help this team

9. Not signing a WR to complement Evans, Steve Johnson is not the answer

10. Not signing any Tackles to help this offensive line

11. Moving to a 3/4 defense without having anybody that can actually play a 3/4 defense

12. Keeping players that don't play up to their salaries (ie. Whitner, McCargo, Kelsay, Stroud, Fred Jackson, McKelvin, Lynch, Evans, etc...

I was at a Bills Dolphins game, when Mularkey was coach. The Bills had a good lead, but then did a number of stupid things, that led to a Dolphin win. I conluded then, that nothing will really improve until there is a change of ownwership. This is a bad organization and has been, other than the luck that put Bill Polian in the GM position and whoever or however that championship team, of the early AFL happened, this organization has been inept.

Want examples?

Who trades Daryle Lamonica for Tom Flores (bad shoulder) and Art Powell (old)?

Who hires a coach, John Roach, that wants to make first pick in the 1969 draft, OJ, into a wide out?

Who decides not to pay a coach, Chuck Knox, that built a winning program and brought respectability?

Who fired one the best GMs in football, Bill Polian, for arguing with his daughter?

I could go on, I respect Ralph Wilson for what he did for the AFL. I am glade that he kept the team in Buffalo, but it is not like we didn't give our support.

I ran into him about ten years ago. I liked him, his face lit up, talking about the Bills. I don't wish him any ill will. I just believe that nothing will chane until there is a change in ownership.