N. Clements INT against the Falcons

Punch

One move for which I've never regretted the Bills making or not making was the refusal to re-sign Clements. I don't want to pile on the guy, but geeze, what a bonehead for giving this game away by not protecting the ball. What a "Playmaker".

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81b0632a/White-chases-down-Clements-pokes-out-ball

Edited by Punch

I liked Nate a lot, but I'm glad we didn't break the bank for the guy. Jabari Greer was/is every bit as good, IMO....he's the one we should have kept.

I liked Nate a lot, but I'm glad we didn't break the bank for the guy. Jabari Greer was/is every bit as good, IMO....he's the one we should have kept.

Refusing to re-sign Greer is one of my least favorite Bills' moves of this past decade of inept roster moves.

about as dumb as going for the INT on 4th and forever against the Jags in the '04 season opener

This is exactly the kind of play I will always associate with Clements.

Refusing to re-sign Greer is one of my least favorite Bills' moves of this past decade of inept roster moves.

Me too. He was a great locker room guy and he made a lot of plays for us. I'm happy that he got himself a ring last year. He was worth every penny it would have cost to keep him here.

The Bills are cheap bastards and that Greer move proves it. I know we had McGee, Florence, and McKelvin... but What the heck?!

They shouldn't have drafted McKelvin in the first place with Greer due an extension and willing to return to Buffalo. Also, Florence was signed after Greer left for New Orleans--- 2009 was his first with the Bills.

I don't think it was about money, only another poor personnel decision leading to another wasted draft pick.

Edited by Punch

Mine too. Had we kept Greer we would not have needed to sign McKelvion. Would have been nice to draft an OL, DL or LB with that pick.