Why not join the party: Ways to fix the Buffalo Bills

Like A Mofo

1. Change the jerseys: Call me nuts, but its safe to say 2 things about the current Buffalo Bills jerseys: A: They are hideous and B. They are associated with losing. Go to the throwbacks full time, the trend is in, look at the Cowboys, Jets and Giants as examples. Give the franchise a new look, a new beginning, to help create a better culture.

2. Only trade Marshawn Lynch for a LB who can start in the 3-4 or as high of a draft pick as possible: if the Bills trade for a WR, or a corner, or anything like that, they are nuts. Get a player who can help with the transition to a 3-4 or a pick in 2011 that can help. No exceptions.

3. Start Ryan Fitzpatrick now, then give Brian Brohm a chance: I say this because Ryan can inject some confidence into the offense, then at that point, give Brohm an opportunity, and in this order, because right now the team is down, this would not serve Brohm well. Then give Brohm the rest of the 2010 season to see what he has.

And for the fan base: Patience. I know its very frustrating this 10 year drought is, but this is a work in progress, and as long as Nix has a plan, and Ralph allows him to execute it, there can be light at the end of the tunnel.

Edited by Yearning4Approval

Maybe I'm old school but there are some basics to follow when build up a team.

1) It all begins up front. You have to have a good offensive and defensive line first. Everyone else looks much better if you have good linemen.

2) When drafting in the first round, draft the expensive positions first. First Round picks should be spent on QB's, OT's, D-Line, CB's. Safeties, RB's, LB's are far cheaper in free agency.

3) When following guideline #2 in the early rounds of draft, draft the best player available not what you need.

4) Aggressively trade down in the draft for more picks, not up. Success with 50% of 10 or 11 picks is better than 50% of 7 or 5.

5) Get young free agents with potential (cheaper) instead of overpriced over the hill has-beens.

6) Good coaches develop schemes that best use the players you have. Bad coaches try to fit players into their system. Transistion and growth take time. Pay the money for good coaches who can train and get the most out of younger players.

7) Character matters.

I'm not going to point out the Bills mistakes but when you look at the guidelines, mistakes will come to mind.

I don't know if I could make the Bills better but I could make them more interesting.

Cut Green, Kelsay, and Hangartner

Bring in Herman Johnson, Brandon Carter, and Pierre Walters DE

Trade Parrish, Levitre and our 2nd round 2011 pick to SD for V. Jackson and McNeil

Trade McGee and Stupar to Dallas for Bennett Martellus, move Dominique Harris from practice squad to 53 rooster

cut Trent Bring in Jamarcus Russell

Starters

OL - Bell LT, B. Carter LG, E,Wood C, Herman Johnson RG, M McNeil RT

WRs Evans, V. Jackson, TE Bennett Martellus, RBs Fred Jackson, Spiller

QB Jamarcus Russell

That offense would have people talking, maybe not saying nice things, but talking.