The problem with the Bills

Billsguy

I read several Bills players say that they didn't execute well against the Packers.

It reminded me of former Tampa Bay coach John McKay who was known for his colorful quotes. My favorite one is when he was asked what he thought about his team's execution he responded," I'm all in favor of it."

The problem with the Bills is they don't have the talent. Ownership talent, management talent, personnel talent, coaching talent and player talent. The owner hires the people below him so he bears the brunt of the responsibility. Ralph Wilson has only hired a few capable people in 50 years and he let them go. The most notable group being Polian/Butler/AJ Smith who built the team into Super Bowl contenders.

Wilson has continued to hire on the cheap. He has a history of hiring guys with proven records of mediocrity and then he seems surprised when they produce mediocre to poor results. Just look at the list of hires since 2000.

This team will never excel under Wilson. It's too late. He just doesn't get it. The team needs to hire people with proven records of success. This is the only way to acquire talent in all the necessary positions.

Fans can blame individual players all they want, but they would be missing the point. It's an organizational problem that is deep-rooted from the owner on down. The players and coaches may not have the talent necessary, but I am sure they are trying their best. The problem is the organization that assembles the talent is seriously deficient.

It's not about who should be the new QB or new offensive lineman, but rather who will be the new owner.