Safe Borders

3rdnlng

Honestly? We haven't had serious immigration enforcement since the 1910's/1920's and even then it was only about 70/80% effective. Sure, it beats the hell out of what we have now, but come on.

The fact is that every single President has failed to enforce the laws on the books already. When everybody gets done talking, the facts that the laws are clear and they have not been enforced by any President will remain.

Remember this: This did not start as an Obama issue. But, if he isn't smarter about it, it will end as one.

Of course, that would require him to listen to rational people(read: not his advisers), accept reality, forgo this "let's create Democratic voters by making them legal" lame-dick trap, and remind himself that 100% of these voters are heavy duty hard work-respecting Catholics who aren't ever going to support his free hand out/socially liberal agenda anyway. These Latinos are the ultimate Reagan Democrats. Common sense screams it. How come Republicans are running Latinos all over the place and winning, if Latinos are all Democrats?. This "goal" of pandering to Latinos simply doesn't get liberals that much.

The Democrats are looking to buy votes in all the wrong places. They assume they will be able to take Latinos for granted the same way they do with African Americans. Unless Obama gets serious about doing the job he is legally bound to do,

and can show results, he risks getting exposed for playing politics with national security = time to look for another job.

Honestly? We haven't had serious immigration enforcement since the 1910's/1920's and even then it was only about 70/80% effective. Sure, it beats the hell out of what we have now, but come on.

The fact is that every single President has failed to enforce the laws on the books already. When everybody gets done talking, the facts that the laws are clear and they have not been enforced by any President will remain.

Remember this: This did not start as an Obama issue. But, if he isn't smarter about it, it will end as one.

Of course, that would require him to listen to rational people(read: not his advisers), accept reality, forgo this "let's create Democratic voters by making them legal" lame-dick trap, and remind himself that 100% of these voters are heavy duty hard work-respecting Catholics who aren't ever going to support his free hand out/socially liberal agenda anyway. These Latinos are the ultimate Reagan Democrats. Common sense screams it. How come Republicans are running Latinos all over the place and winning, if Latinos are all Democrats?. This "goal" of pandering to Latinos simply doesn't get liberals that much.

The Democrats are looking to buy votes in all the wrong places. They assume they will be able to take Latinos for granted the same way they do with African Americans. Unless Obama gets serious about doing the job he is legally bound to do,

and can show results, he risks getting exposed for playing politics with national security = time to look for another job.

I don't disagree at all regarding prior president's failure to fully enforce our laws. The situation, as I understand it, is getting worse though. Instead of solving the problem of border security Obama is suing Arizona for basically enforcing a federal law. He is failing to do his job. Just build the damn fence!

I don't disagree at all regarding prior president's failure to fully enforce our laws. The situation, as I understand it, is getting worse though. Instead of solving the problem of border security Obama is suing Arizona for basically enforcing a federal law. He is failing to do his job. Just build the damn fence!

Thats the difference. In my mind this makes him a traitor