Sully is right on this one

Dan

"In the 33 games with Edwards at quarterback, Evans has 105 catches for 1,560 yards and seven touchdowns. In 69 games with other QBs, he has 235 catches for 3,796 yards and 32 TDs. Draw your own conclusions."

"That's roughly one TD every five games with Edwards, one TD every two games when someone else is throwing the ball. Four times in his career, Edwards has been knocked out of a game with an injury. In three of them, his replacement threw a TD pass to Evans."

Nuff said. Same crappy Oline and supporting cast too. The fact that he still has supporters says two things:1)Some people don't know how to admit when they are obviously wrong. 2)There are a lot of people who can watch football, very few who understand it.

But Trent's top WR must be wrong... :rolleyes:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, and with so many defenders playing on or close to the LOS checkdowns and the short passing game are not going to work either (Fins left 14 easy points on the table from short passes they should have intercepted)- so what's left to do? Cant run, cant throw long, cant throw short, cant check down. Wonderful.

Unless you have an unstopable rungame, and we don't mainly because of our O-Line, you need to take your chances and throw the ball downfield.

Exactly. It seems other teams learned last year all they need to do is stack the box against the run, and dare Trent to beat 'em with his arm. More times than not it was a great strategy for our opponents. It seems like groundhog day to me.

The end of the game was just embarassing. Two offensive chances, 7 downs (not counting the intentional safety), and not a single throw to be proud of. I was getting so frustrated I was yelling at the TV "throw the damn ball!". It's like Trent was waiting for the perfect chance, and not understanding that he needed to be in do or die mode! Damn, if you're going to go down, at least go down swinging...