Give Chan more than 1 game!

WNY

You can't blame Chan or Trent or any one person for any loss. People forget this is a team effort. Of course the ONE time Edwards lets a bomb go deep, Evans gets MUGGED and no flag. Still, Trent did regress on Sunday. Still, I am not going to sit here and pick apart Trent's performance because it is just the same old song and dance. He is who we thought he was. If Chan wants to get some effective use out of Trent he is going to have to establish the run with the monsters we have in the backfield. Let Lynch get in there and pound away at the defensive line on a few plays. It's true that the Oline doesn't look to be able to open up much for them but Lynch is a hard runner (as is Freddie) and with CJ and a change of pace. The PA pass is going to be Trent's best friend this season. I understand what Gailey was trying to do by coming out in shotgun. The Dolphins were coming out to shut the run down and Chan wanted to throw over the inside pressure to open up the defense. The problem is, that is not who Trent is. If he wasnts to throw Fitz out there and do that stuff that is one thing. I am not saying that Fitz is going to have "better" results but I think you know what i mean. Like some others have mentioned before, I would have tried some play action to open up the defense myself. Then again what better game than the first of the season for Chan to throw Edwards out there in a hot situation and put the offense on his shoulders. Maybe he wanted to see if Trent has the ability to handle that and take command. If that was the plan I don't think it went well. Still I want to see what happens in a few more weeks. I can already tell that the coaches are heads and shoulders above the DJ era because they are exploiting their own players weaknesses early. That may sound odd to you but what better way to FIX a problem with a team then to expose what is truly wrong with it in live action? I feel next week we will see a much better game plan suited to our strengths. We know what we "can't" do, so now let's try what we "can" do. Just relax guys it is a rebuilding process and a lot of this roster is going to be changing over the next few years. The man has to know who he wants to keep around for the future and where he needs to build from in the draft next year. Then again what the hell do i know? :blush:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been waiting for this thread ever since some people starting anointing Chan the savior of the franchise.

To hear some people talk after he was hired, Chan is some sort of offensive genius who was going to get the most out of this team. He was going to take an a very medicore QB (take your pick - we've got lots on the roster) and make him a solid starter. He was going to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear with the ragtag bunch of substandard garbage we have at the tackle position and let the "ge" into a solid unit. He was going to lead us to a winning record if not the playoffs. He was a master of deception a la Sun Tzu and was going to shock the world with this little team nobody even bothered to talk about.

Guess what - Chan can't solve the problems of this organization. He can't make up for 10+ years of miserable personnel decisions and failure to address the offensive line and quarterback. Heck, he can't even figure a way to at least make the losses entertaining - we lost and still got the same old boring dog slop we've been fed for years.

Call me crazy, but I'll continue to say that Chan and Buddy will get respect from me when they show me some results, not just for being the new guy with the folksy southern drawl......

I've been waiting for this thread ever since some people starting anointing Chan the savior of the franchise.

To hear some people talk after he was hired, Chan is some sort of offensive genius who was going to get the most out of this team. He was going to take an a very medicore QB (take your pick - we've got lots on the roster) and make him a solid starter. He was going to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear with the ragtag bunch of substandard garbage we have at the tackle position and let the "ge" into a solid unit. He was going to lead us to a winning record if not the playoffs. He was a master of deception a la Sun Tzu and was going to shock the world with this little team nobody even bothered to talk about.

Guess what - Chan can't solve the problems of this organization. He can't make up for 10+ years of miserable personnel decisions and failure to address the offensive line and quarterback. Heck, he can't even figure a way to at least make the losses entertaining - we lost and still got the same old boring dog slop we've been fed for years.

Call me crazy, but I'll continue to say that Chan and Buddy will get respect from me when they show me some results, not just for being the new guy with the folksy southern drawl......

I respect them because they are professionals who are here to do a job. To rip him apart after one game with all the leftover pieces of the old regime is just dumb. Do I think he has done anything substantial? NO but I wasn't expecting a ton out of this squad to begin with. Give them a chance to prove they are moving this ball club in the right direction at least.

I respect them because they are professionals who are here to do a job. To rip him apart after one game with all the leftover pieces of the old regime is just dumb. Do I think he has done anything substantial? NO but I wasn't expecting a ton out of this squad to begin with. Give them a chance to prove they are moving this ball club in the right direction at least.

I respect them, too and I root wholeheartedly for their success. I'm willing to give them more time and agree that they can't be judged by wht they've done up until now - but that's my point. Just as you can't run them out of town after 1 game you also can't say they are the saviors of this sorry franchise. Shortly aftey were installed in their positions people were singing their praises and saying how the organization was finally heading in the right direction - based on what, exactly? Some people stopped just short of saying they could walk on water and that's just silly - they don't get credit for anything until they show it in my book.

I will tell you that I am disappointed that we lost the game in exactly the same way we've been losing them for the past umpteen years - in boring, repeated 3 and out can't move the ball fashion. I was hoping that we'd at least have some excitement when we got beat. Again - we'll see what happens with more time......

I respect them, too and I root wholeheartedly for their success. I'm willing to give them more time and agree that they can't be judged by wht they've done up until now - but that's my point. Just as you can't run them out of town after 1 game you also can't say they are the saviors of this sorry franchise. Shortly aftey were installed in their positions people were singing their praises and saying how the organization was finally heading in the right direction - based on what, exactly? Some people stopped just short of saying they could walk on water and that's just silly - they don't get credit for anything until they show it in my book.

I will tell you that I am disappointed that we lost the game in exactly the same way we've been losing them for the past umpteen years - in boring, repeated 3 and out can't move the ball fashion. I was hoping that we'd at least have some excitement when we got beat. Again - we'll see what happens with more time......

Well from that point of view I can totally see where you are coming from. The on field product did look awfully familiar. I agree that there were way to many people who were ready to crown Chan and company as soon as they showed up. I will agree with you on that. I am encouraged but by no means do I think Gailey can save this franchise until they prove it. I see what you mean.