Jeff Garcia

LasBillzz

Yep I said it. The guy just turned 40 but he has forgotten more football than Trentative knows. I watched the game today at a Bills bar here in Vegas. By the end of the game the fans were booing every time Edwards was onscreen. Somewhere inside Chan has to be saying, "This guy isn't gonna make me look like Dick Jauron". Because if you cut old sideline shots of Count Chocula into today's broadcast, you'd swear it was 2009. Defense holding on for dear life (and surrendering only 13 points). Special teams more than adequate. Glacial offense. Don't tell me the OL stinks- Edwards had time to make plays, and failed to execute miserably. He simply cannot handle the pace of an NFL game. Time to turn the page.

Which brings me back to the title of this post. Everybody knows the Bills are waiting for the rookie salary cap next year to choose their future QB from a rich draft class. But how can they expect us as loyal fans to write off this year after the first game? AFTER TEN YEARS OF FUTILITY THEY OWE US MORE THAN THAT. Garcia is by no means a long term solution, but we need some hope, some entertainment in place of the current embarrassment at QB. Garcia-Fitz-Brohm isn't nearly as bad as BarbieCheckdown-Fitz-Brohm. Next year, when we draft QB savior X, Garcia can be kept on as starter until the kid is ready. That's how real teams develop QB's.

Today, I have no doubt Garcia would have put up more than 10 points against a very average Dolphin defense. The attached article mentions that Garcia's agent contacted all 32 teams this past offseason, so they must have called Nix. Time to wake up, Buddy. I for one am sick of waiting.

http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/ufl/news/story?id=5519159

Great, so MAYBE we'll be 5-11 instead of 4-12? Garcia sucks, signing him would be a desperate move that would accomplish nothing. I respect the idea, but I do not agree with it at all.

The reason we watch football is entertainment value pure and simple, and it ain't lookin' good now. It's easy to say "Garcia sucks", but the guy was in the Pro Bowl as recently as 2007. Never been badly injured. In football shape. Experienced. Motivated. If that is "sucking", what word would you use for Trent Backwards?