Who's the Best coach? - sportsnew mag

Bills4L

26. Josh McDaniels, Broncos

27. Todd Haley, Chiefs

28. Chan Gailey, Bills

29. Tom Cable, Raiders

30. Jim Schwartz, Lions

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=tsn-166944

Hard to argue that CG should be higher up based on his current stint with the bills but Eric Mangini and Pete Carroll haven't warrented being anywhere but the bottom 4 IMO

Everyone deserves a chance, so I'll refrain from citing the most vitriolic anti-Chan web sites - suffice to say there are many Georgia Tech fans glad to see him gone. As a Bills fan, I sincerely hope we'll feel differently than they do. We'll find out soon enough, starting this Sunday...

GO BILLSSS!!!! :thumbsup:

With what Carroll is doing in Seattle, I could easily see the Seahawks in the hunt for a top 3 draft pick next year.

Mangini wasn't ready to come out of the oven, but he has an excellent mentor in the building now. He may figure out the job yet. He's not a moron.

Spagnuolo shouldn't be ranked last. He's a better coach that some others, but he's working with a short deck.

Everyone deserves a chance, so I'll refrain from citing the most vitriolic anti-Chan web sites - suffice to say there are many Georgia Tech fans glad to see him gone. As a Bills fan, I sincerely hope we'll feel differently than they do. We'll find out soon enough, starting this Sunday...

GO BILLSSS!!!! :thumbsup:

when will people realize that GT fans opinions dont matter? His issue wasn't his style of play - it was lack of a team qualified enough to beat UGA - that comes down to recruiting. Likewise, it was the reasons Carroll was so successful. Chan's football style is a winning formula - he just didn't have the school name to compete in what amounts to SEC country (even if it's an ACC school) - recruiting against the likes of Florida, UGA, FSU, Miami, etc isn't quite the same challenges as Carroll faced with USC.

So can we just, for once and for all, realize that college football is a totally different animal compared to the NFL? heck the opposite is true - hte same reasons spurrier and butch davis were successful in college (recruiting superior talent) ultimately cost them in the NFL because their lack of advantageous talent (along with poor systems) didn't translate to on field success.

Basically the list is really a list of NFL teams roughly in the order of their success over the last several years, and the coaches who coach those teams. Of course some coaches have switched teams recently such as Shanahan and are judged more by their success with previous teams. The point is if your team wins you are considered a great coach, if you lose you stink as a coach.