Chicago Bills Backers (?)

<stadiumGuyVoice>Attention Bills Fans:</stadiumGuyVoice>

I'm a recently transplanted Bills fan to the Chicago area. I'm looking to get opinions on the two Bills backers bars that I know of: Delilah's and Lincoln Square.

Are these places really a good Bills atmosphere on gameday, or am I going to have to compete with fantasy-douches that want to watch every other game under the sun? Which of the two Bills Backers bars are better? Any game-day specials? How are the wings? Do people show up for preseason games (tomorrow?)? Are there any horse socks? Is anybody listening to me?

Thanks to anybody that can help me out, I just don't want to be stuck in my apartment watching the Bills on my laptop during the home opener.

-Go Bills

<stadiumGuyVoice>Attention Bills Fans:</stadiumGuyVoice>

I'm a recently transplanted Bills fan to the Chicago area. I'm looking to get opinions on the two Bills backers bars that I know of: Delilah's and Lincoln Square.

Are these places really a good Bills atmosphere on gameday, or am I going to have to compete with fantasy-douches that want to watch every other game under the sun? Which of the two Bills Backers bars are better? Any game-day specials? How are the wings? Do people show up for preseason games (tomorrow?)? Are there any horse socks? Is anybody listening to me?

Thanks to anybody that can help me out, I just don't want to be stuck in my apartment watching the Bills on my laptop during the home opener.

-Go Bills

I look forward to meeting you, West End!

Here's the rub: The Buffalo purists will tell you that Delilah's is a superior gameday experience. I can't all together disagree--though I think the Delilah's crowd sort of dickishly crowned themselves kings of the Bills fans (as if Bills fans need more **** to feud about).

Delilah's will give you an authentic Buffalo experience, Labatt cans are $2, they kill sound during the commercials to play Buffalo songs/sound bytes, and everyone in the bar is focused on the game.

However, the last time I was there during the 2007 season, and unless something's changed (when Delilah's isn't a Bills bar it's a metal/whiskey bar), there are only two TV's to watch the game on, a tiny, ****ty TV over the bar, and a somewhat centrally located flat screen.

Now, like I said, this makes for an intimate, focused atmosphere, and the folks there just exude a genuine Buffaloness, but at times it's hard to see the monitors, the in-bar ring-leaders can get obnoxious, and the bar doesn't serve food (this year every game will start at noon). You can, however, order food to the bar, or bring in carry out.

Just down the street at Lincoln Station (about a half mile from Delilah's), you get two HD projectors playing the game on walls in separate but conjoined rooms, and Labatt pints are $2.50. There are TV's playing other games around the league and some of those TV's are playing the Bills game, just in case you can't see the giant projection, but every once in a while, some (*^*&amp;%^&#036;^#watching a non-Bills game starts cheering, and it's annoying since a.) his or her team probably has their own bar, and/or b.) you can watch any game at any non-affiliated bar located every 20 feet on the northside of Chicago. The crowd is most certainly "lamer," but it falls short of being an overtly "lame" crowd.

You can get wings at Lincoln Station. I give them a 6.5 out of 10, which is not bad for Chicago, but they've also got a full kitchen on gameday, and their menu can be found online, food is pretty decent.

Lincoln Station will be packed at the beginning of the year, but the crowd will taper as the Bills do worse, or grow as they do better. Delilah's crowd will pretty much stay the same size. Lincoln Station has more than its share of fair-weather fans while Delilah's fans are of the "let one's fandom be thy measure of one's worth" variety. Both spots have their upsides and their downsides, it's all about what you value more. The best part is: they're so close you can move between them as the mood suits you.

Neither will be showing tomorrow's game since it's not on TV anywhere outside Detroit or Buffalo.

Ditto for what Bigcat said. I actually turned Lincoln Station into the Bills and Sabres bar that it is now. My roommate from college opened up the place when Cleveland did not have the Browns about 10 years ago. I told him that if I got 50 people there on opening day, would he make it a Buffalo bar. He said yes and the rest is history. The Sabres ended up making their Cup run soon after so every other night for 3 months, we had the place packed. His business soared and it has since been named the biggest Bills bar/restaurant in the state of Illinois. I also told him that he had to have Blue and the best wings in town if this was going to be my place of recruitment. He did a great job on both fronts and that is the dealyo on the Station.....

Tell Joe the Baumer sent ya!I have since left Chicago (about 5 years ago) but it is still going strong....still waiting for my dividend checks

Ditto for what Bigcat said. I actually turned Lincoln Station into the Bills and Sabres bar that it is now. My roommate from college opened up the place when Cleveland did not have the Browns about 10 years ago. I told him that if I got 50 people there on opening day, would he make it a Buffalo bar. He said yes and the rest is history. The Sabres ended up making their Cup run soon after so every other night for 3 months, we had the place packed. His business soared and it has since been named the biggest Bills bar/restaurant in the state of Illinois. I also told him that he had to have Blue and the best wings in town if this was going to be my place of recruitment. He did a great job on both fronts and that is the dealyo on the Station.....

Tell Joe the Baumer sent ya!I have since left Chicago (about 5 years ago) but it is still going strong....still waiting for my dividend checks

Wait, your buddy's the owner?

Sabres turned Blackhawks have been known to haunt the place for Bills games. Last year I sat right in front of Kaner, and Brian Campbell made an appearance too.

But if you've got the owner's ear, tell him to bring back the wing special! They canceled it at the beginning of last year, and we approached him about it and asked, "what would happen if Bills fans didn't come on Sunday?" and he very flippantly replied, "then we wouldn't be a Bills bar."

It was sort of a dick move, but it was also too hard to rally the troops to find another bar once the season got started, so we sucked it up. But generally speaking, bars will fall all over themselves to get you specials if you make them your "team" bar. There are no food specials at all on Sundays, and I think the LS owner is very very lucky to get away with that...

Delilahs is awesome, a little crowded sometimes, but a good atmosphere and cheap beer! They opened up the upstairs of the bar a couple seasons ago if you want to get out of the crowd. Against the Dolphins we typically sacrifice a paper mache dolphin by setting it ablaze on Lincoln Ave at halftime - Good Times!!

Wait, your buddy's the owner?

Sabres turned Blackhawks have been known to haunt the place for Bills games. Last year I sat right in front of Kaner, and Brian Campbell made an appearance too.

But if you've got the owner's ear, tell him to bring back the wing special! They canceled it at the beginning of last year, and we approached him about it and asked, "what would happen if Bills fans didn't come on Sunday?" and he very flippantly replied, "then we wouldn't be a Bills bar."

It was sort of a dick move, but it was also too hard to rally the troops to find another bar once the season got started, so we sucked it up. But generally speaking, bars will fall all over themselves to get you specials if you make them your "team" bar. There are no food specials at all on Sundays, and I think the LS owner is very very lucky to get away with that...

I will email his wife right now and see what is up with the wing special (she handles all that stuff). I'll let you know as soon as I get response

This discussion sure brings back memories -- the last game I saw while I lived in Chicago was the shoeless Rob Johnson / home-run throwback game at Lincoln Station.

Always prefered Lincoln Station myself given the food ordering ability and the calmer atmosphere. Got to admit that Delilah's had the best Bloody Mary I've ever tasted in my life.

This discussion sure brings back memories -- the last game I saw while I lived in Chicago was the shoeless Rob Johnson / home-run throwback game at Lincoln Station.

Always prefered Lincoln Station myself given the food ordering ability and the calmer atmosphere. Got to admit that Delilah's had the best Bloody Mary I've ever tasted in my life.

I was at the Station for that game as well. I walked outside stunned and just threw my hat in the street. I still want to know who took my authentic goathead Pat Lagontaine jersey that I gave to the bar. Right after one of their playoff wins, someone took it off the trophy it was hanging on and bolted - still mad to this day...

Delilah's, the atmosphere and the crowd are thrilling, like being at Ralph, well the parking lot at the Ralph....Unless your parents are intown, then go to Lincoln Station and have a nice lunch. The steak quesadillas are really good. Btw the best wings in the area are at Southport Lanes. I live in the suburbs now so most of my games are viewed in my family room with my kids suppying the high fives, but for big games I'll still go to Delillah's for the crowd.

Bottom line: If you suck... Go to Lincoln Station.

If you want to be a real fan and drink like a champion: Go to Delilah's.

Nothing else matters.

The Bills are going 0-16 this season. Might as well have fun while watching the worst team in football. Go to Delilah's.

:thumbdown: nice life.

Bottom line: If you suck... Go to Lincoln Station.

If you want to be a real fan and drink like a champion: Go to Delilah's.

Nothing else matters.

The Bills are going 0-16 this season. Might as well have fun while watching the worst team in football. Go to Delilah's.

:lol:

I live nowhere near Chicago. But based on that post, I would avoid Delilah's. Sounds like it caters to morons.