So far, so good with the Bills

Jerry Jabber

http://www.realfootball365.com/articles/bills/14939

8th ranked offense, 5th in rushing. In know it's preseason, but it's nice seeing those numbers compared to the disaster of last years preseason.

Interesting article. The big word that has been missing from the bills for a long time has been ADJUSTMENTS. Glad to see Gailey & Co making them quickly during the game. You're right, it's great to see a better preseason this year, last year was a complete cluster f@ck!!

Interesting article. The big word that has been missing from the bills for a long time has been ADJUSTMENTS. Glad to see Gailey & Co making them quickly during the game. You're right, it's great to see a better preseason this year, last year was a complete cluster f@ck!!

Great points. Jauron had no clue how to make adjustments. The offense has been scoring on long drives and looks good in the red zone, compared to being one of the worst teams in the red zone in years past.

Great points. Jauron had no clue how to make adjustments. The offense has been scoring on long drives and looks good in the red zone, compared to being one of the worst teams in the red zone in years past.

The adjusments in the Bengals game was very obvious after the first series. Chan adjusted the play calling just like Trent said, to soften the defense with passing plays. Jauron would go all game with the same plan. Also something else I noticed that wasn't there last year was multiple WR sets. Not just two, but 3 and 4 WR, whether it was a RB or TE with the WRs, it was a great sight. There were a few times when AVP would have 3 WR sets, but that was about it. The offense will be much more dynamic this year. GO BILLS!!!!!

Settle down gentlemen....

DJ and AVP were horrible there is no doubt about that.

But.... There were plenty of 3 and 4 WR sets used last year, they used the wildcat, they used Freddie and Marshawn in the backfield together. I am sure they tried to make adjustments. Whether they waited too long I and no one else has any idea.

What we know is whatever AVP tried it didn't work at the beginning, middle, end of the game, middle of the field(well maybe a little) or the red zone. He was terribly ill equipped or perhaps just too inexperienced for the OC job.

I can not even think of a way Chan can do worse. Well actually I can. DJ played not to lose and kept the games close. The new 3-4 defense that Chan chose to run may be so bad that the games aren't close this year.

I just hope that I still care about watching games in October let alone December. Just give me a reason to still watch down the stretch. Let me see Poz develop into a quality LB. Let Maybin develop a second move. Let Bell turn into a decent LT. Give Meredith a chance to beat out Green at RT. Rediscover Roscoe in the offense and find a competent #2 WR. And most of knock on wood no more catastrophic injuries!!!!!!!!!

Settle down gentlemen....

DJ and AVP were horrible there is no doubt about that.

But.... There were plenty of 3 and 4 WR sets used last year, they used the wildcat, they used Freddie and Marshawn in the backfield together. I am sure they tried to make adjustments. Whether they waited too long I and no one else has any idea.

What we know is whatever AVP tried it didn't work at the beginning, middle, end of the game, middle of the field(well maybe a little) or the red zone. He was terribly ill equipped or perhaps just too inexperienced for the OC job.

I can not even think of a way Chan can do worse. Well actually I can. DJ played not to lose and kept the games close. The new 3-4 defense that Chan chose to run may be so bad that the games aren't close this year.

I just hope that I still care about watching games in October let alone December. Just give me a reason to still watch down the stretch. Let me see Poz develop into a quality LB. Let Maybin develop a second move. Let Bell turn into a decent LT. Give Meredith a chance to beat out Green at RT. Rediscover Roscoe in the offense and find a competent #2 WR. And most of knock on wood no more catastrophic injuries!!!!!!!!!

Even Schonert said while exiting Buffalo that Jauron wanted a more dulled down, pop-warner type offense. Jauron felt there were too many formations and made Schonert strip down the playbook and the offense looked awful. Granted, once Jauron left, AVP had more freedom to be creative, but he wasn't ready to be a full-time offensive coordinator.

I'm not too worried about the defense yet. So far, when all the starters left the field, the Bills were winning. Plus, the Bills played the defending AFC Champs & the Bengals, 2 playoff teams from a year ago, so you should expect some points scored against our defense from Manning & Palmer.