Leinert Rumor Untrue - YAY

Coach55

It seems to me that "discussions" could mean anything. Were they formal discussions with Leinart's agent, or just chit chat between assistant coaches. The NFL is a pretty tight fraternity, so I think these "discussions" go on all the time. The only thing that makes this one different is that Leinart was supposed to be the franchise in AZ until Warner came along, and he's getting huge money to be a backup.

Unless Derek Anderson has suddenly "gotten it", it's a pretty bad reflection on Leinart when he gets beaten out for a starting job that they were prepared to hand to him. And I can't imagine that the Cardinals are particularly confident in Anderson.

If the Bills were interested at all, it would be as a backup or a reclamation project.

If Leinart can't hack it in AZ with good receivers and a pretty decent line.....imagine what would happen here?

Hear is the conversation that went on recently between the Billsad Cardinals:

Ring Ring..( I always envision the Bills with a rotary phone)..

Bills Receptionist..thank you for calling the Buffalo Bills, how may I direct your call?

Cardinals..May I speak to Buddy Nix?

Bills Receptionist..Please hold for Mr. Nix

Buddy Nix..this is your Buddy what can I do for you?

Cardinals...Remember when we talked a few months back about Matty L.?

Buddy Nix..Sure do!

Cardinals...well we want to offer him to you for just a 5th round pick..isn't that great!

Buddy Nix..Good luck dumping that contract (Dial tone)

Now the Cardinals and Schefter can say they are talking to other teams.