Can we continue to rely on misdirection?

Superb Owl

I love that we're using misdirection too. Until we add more Levtres and Woods to the line I think we'll be using more misdirection than we really want to. I luv the wingt offense so seeing some misdirection gives me great joy. Glad we're not running the wingt tho. When a line is young and inexperienced, misdirection helps level the playing field against better D's. But in the NFL it can be overdone. I like our amount of it tho.

it's a game of matchups, that's where game planning comes into play, if we get better results running misdirections because the opposing D bites on a play fake, then go for it, once they key on that, run power, or switch it up and go over the top. Its not about blowing the other team off the ball as much as it is finding ways to exploit their weaknesses.

I am pretty sure that misdirection in still working pretty well for Miami with the Wildcat. Granted, not like it did when first unvailed.

Start to worry when our offense is full of nothing but gimmic plays and misdirections. Until then, strategy and misdirection every once in a while is breathe of fresh air from playing Dick Ball (which clearly worked! ;) )

When you have a RB that's as fast as Spiller misdirection is a crucial part of the offense. It isn't some gimmick that you use to trick the defense, it's the result of having a back that scares the **** out of them.

Precisely what I was going to add. :thumbsup:

Tried to rep you, no quota yet.

I love the misdirection plays, but I'm honestly wondering. Is that something that can sustain us through the season (YES!), or must a good team eventually be able to line up mano a mano and blow people off the ball (NO!)?

All you HAVE to do is have more points at the end of the 60 minutes. B-)

Play to your strengths. :beer:

Ninjas don't use sledgehammers - no one calls them sissies. :ph34r:

Last year the misdirection worked in the first game, but then they got wise to us, or we just stopped doing it, not sure which. I will be keeping an eye on it and see if we can keep keepin em guessing!

Almost every play is a misdirection on some level -- play action, counters, traps, draws, etc., etc.

The trick is to keep them FROM guessing!

Edited by Sabre Bill

All you HAVE to do is have more points at the end of the 60 minutes. B-)

Play to your strengths. :beer:

Ninjas don't use sledgehammers - no one calls them sissies. :ph34r:

Agree, as long as we don't resemble the knife juggling Ninja Indiana Jones shot :thumbsup:

Almost every play is a misdirection on some level -- play action, counters, traps, draws, etc., etc.

The trick is to keep them FROM guessing!

I'm sure Chan is a better poker player than AVP. It will be veeery interesting to see if he can continue against Bellicheat & Ryan etc.