Bills Running Backs

Coach55

Scary Statistic - so far this pre-season, the Bills Running Backs have combined for 74 carries for 411 yards. That is a WHOPPING 5.6 yards per carry. I don't if this a reflection of improved line play, better play calling, better coaching, higher quality of backs or a combination of the four. But any way you look at it - If they can keep this up into the regular season, our running game will be unbelievably good.

Scary Statistic - so far this pre-season, the Bills Running Backs have combined for 74 carries for 411 yards. That is a WHOPPING 5.6 yards per carry. I don't if this a reflection of improved line play, better play calling, better coaching, higher quality of backs or a combination of the four. But any way you look at it - If they can keep this up into the regular season, our running game will be unbelievably good.

Not only this, but of our top 4 running-backs in terms of yards this pre-season, CJ Spiller has the lowest YPC average (4.7).

http://www.nfl.com/teams/buffalobills/statistics?team=BUF

In regards to our backs...

FJ is questionable/doubtful for the opener, but they made it sound like Lynch could be back by the Lions game and shouldn't be an issue for opener. However, Lynch has yet to practice and there has been little to no update on his ankle. Am I missing something? To me it would seem he needs to get practicing in the next couple days if he is to at full speed and effective come the 12th.

Our starters have been playing longer than other teams. This could inflate the numbers. Otherwise, those are encouraging stats.

Not to dispute your overall point, but our "starters" havn't played for the last two games.

EDIT: I meant Jackson and Lynch - not the line.

Edited by Buffalokie

Actually they showed a stat last night during the replay, Something about how Buffalo was the only team to have 3 RBs over 4 yards a carry through the 3 preseaon games. Or something similiar, DVR didn't work otherwise I'd double check.

It will be very interesting to see how the running game does when teams actually game plan for us.