Ambulance on the field, Again

beerme1

Anyone know what happened to the Bengals player that basically knocked himself out from what I saw at the game? He made a 20 yd bee line run to hit our guy and knocked himself out instantly.

It was an impressive run to tackle that ended tragically and brought back pretty vivid memories of Kevin Everret. On top of having seen that live at the game and tonights episode also, I was there when Mike Williams was taken off by ambulance from the field and that was not a good experience. Tonights incident was scary and happened right in front of us and immediately I said oh no, this guys in trouble. I was very sad to see this playing out in front of me yet again. They brought the stretcher cart out first and then the ambulance came out. Luckily I'm guessing the guy really did just knock himsself out. But he was out a long time. He managed to get up when the ambulance pulled up beside him so I'm guessing he said he has feeling in his extremeties and could get up. He did and he did lift his arm for the crowd as he was taken off on the cart.

Football is such a violent game and everyone knows it going in. But it is sickening to see something like this occur and is made worse by the idiots that surround you at the game like the guy behind me saying the ambulance is going to wreck the field or the guy beside me saying well, at least we got a first down out of it! Meantime I am shaken by this at the time yet again. I don't want to see an ambulance brought out on the field for an injury because you know it's real. These guys dont play to get serious injurys like this and yet tonights incident I dont think could have been prevented by better equipment or anything it was just a football play but it happened right in front of me where I saw the guy take the direct line of attack and make the hit that he wanted to make and then instantly fall face first and be lifeless. No motion what so ever. Very scary and amazing that he managed to stand up eventually. God bless man. God bless.

Edited by beerme1

I didn't see the hit. But when you lead with your head too try to blow someone up you end up hurting yourself up or your own player ( Burroughs cb in preseason game against oilers.) Ken norton breaking Bryan young leg and u could go on.

Defensive players play to light someone up espn hightlight of someone layin motionless on the field while while someone boats that he hurt someone.u know that Jack tatum lived with that all his life till he passes last month.