Left Tackle with our First Pick next year

Nasty

Why would you think that the QB search will end if we picked a QB in the top five in next years draft....It is not like we have not been searching for one....We paid a 1st for Drew Bledsoe, We paid a next years 1st round for JP Losman. We invested in a 3rd round to get Craig Nall and another 3rd round on Edwards....The common theme amongst all these failures was a CONSTANT CHANGE TO THE OFFENSIVE Philosophy.....Edwards is entering his 4th season and will be having his 3rd OC (in the span of 14 months to boot). Losman came into the league and had 3 different OCs. Even Mike Williams the 4th overall pick had 4 different OL coach during his tenure here... The good teams do not see such turnovers in their coaching staff...It just does not let players develop.

I am hoping Edwards and Brohm are here for the long haul and hopefully the Bills can address other areas.

We signed Craig Nall as a UFA, we didn't give up a 3rd rounder for him.

Remember though, losman was the 4th qb off the board. im not a fan of taking the 4th anything off the board that early. I know some situations justify it but in general.... no. especially at qb.

and i like losman, but way to early for a player like him. im sure the first round pressure didnt help him as a project qb. comparing that selection to a top 5 pick is hardly fair.

Michael Oher was the 4th OT in round 1 last year.

To the OP - how can you say this without knowing how Bell will perform this year?

That's just the first and most obvious rebuttal.

Secondly let's just say there's no tackle rated worthy of the slot in which the Bills draft.

Is the original poster (Nasty) saying we should reach for one?

Seems a bit silly to be talking about this right now.

What if our pass rush is horrible this year and the best pass rusher in many years is available when the Bills draft in the first round next year?

what's all this talk about drafting a LT and or a QB. Let these guys play and have Chan develop these guys. There is a very good chance Trent will be a good to great QB under Chan. Also, Bell or Meridith can turn into a stud LT too. You never know? Let's see the guys play under this new regime. Trent did have a "swagger" in his last game. Bell looked solid. I am hoping we will not even have to draft a LT or a QB in next years draft. Maybe we can draft the best player available. I just hope it isn't a RB.