Pats* pick another winner

FightClub

I'm continually amazed that the people in that area root for a team of criminals and cheaters.

Pats* trade for wife beater

It raises a question. Are we all so desperate to see the Bills win that we'd condone this same type of behavior? Or does the Buffalo community stand for more than that? It's a honest question - I am not trying to answer ahead of time, just wondering what each of your comments are as we get ready for the season. I don't live in the area anymore, but some of my family still does.

*Edited to fix title

Edited by FightClub

I'm continually amazed that the people in that area root for a team of criminals and cheaters.

Pats* trade for wife beater

It raises a question. Are we all so desperate to see the Bills win that we'd condone this same type of behavior? Or does the Buffalo community stand for more than that? It's a honest question - I am not trying to answer ahead of time, just wondering what each of your comments are as we get ready for the season. I don't live in the area anymore, but some of my family still does.

*Edited to fix title

I for one am not intrested in players that disrupt the team with shananagans. Pick players that are smart and technically sound in there game and you can build a winner with the right coaches. Coaching is the key.

I was curious about this as well, so went to a Pats* message board--interestingly almost no one there even mentioned the wife-beating thing. 75 posts on the topic and only two or three seemed to mention it at all. A very odd "fanbase" (I use the term "fan" loosely any time I apply it to Pats* "fans", since they were an endangered species before 2001) over there--you'd think that people would at least be discussing it, but in reality it looks like "not so much".....

I for one am not intrested in players that disrupt the team with shananagans. Pick players that are smart and technically sound in there game and you can build a winner with the right coaches. Coaching is the key.

I'm with ya 100%! Some things are bigger than football. Lynch would have already been gone if I were running the show. I live in Steelers country now...Roethlisberger would be outta here too. High character guys only! With that said, I'm all for second chances...but the chronic idiots need to play in another league.

I was curious about this as well, so went to a Pats* message board--interestingly almost no one there even mentioned the wife-beating thing. 75 posts on the topic and only two or three seemed to mention it at all. A very odd "fanbase" (I use the term "fan" loosely any time I apply it to Pats* "fans", since they were an endangered species before 2001) over there--you'd think that people would at least be discussing it, but in reality it looks like "not so much".....

Sadly I don't know if we're much better. If I recall I think Cornhole Green beat his wife, and I don't remember too much concern on here, maybe a post or two. I was really disappointed by how many here would accept Big Ben with open arms. I understand that a lot of the guys we cheer for are dirt bags and we just don't know it, but for me, once I DO know it I can't get behind that guy anymore.

Sadly I don't know if we're much better. If I recall I think Cornhole Green beat his wife, and I don't remember too much concern on here, maybe a post or two. I was really disappointed by how many here would accept Big Ben with open arms. I understand that a lot of the guys we cheer for are dirt bags and we just don't know it, but for me, once I DO know it I can't get behind that guy anymore.

...Green got into a heated argument with the mother of his two children. According to county records, he remained in jail as of 1 a.m. this morning. The charge lists an aluminum broomstick as the "deadly weapon" used in the alleged assault...

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/raiders/detail?entry_id=37313#ixzz0xRH2bD5u

I can't find anything on whether he received a sentence or not. I didn't like this signing for that reason.

Fair point, although I thought I'd recalled some discussion here on this board about that at the time of the signing, with some folks raising the character issue at that time on the basis of the charge against Green. I wasn't judging their reaction to the signing, but merely the lack of discussion about the wife-beating charge over there.....