Will the QBs be used how? + ;)

bowery4

So Trent looked ok tonight and it (at this point) looks like he will be the starter. So now the question comes up, what will be the rotation the rest of the pre-season. How should it go in your opinion? I am interested to see what Chan does before Aug 31 (I can't imagine one will go then but you never know) and then final cuts.

I am at a loss what I would do with these guys next game and the one after.

Start BB with the 1st team? for a quarter? Do that with Fitz the second game?

How would that be good for Trent?

Stay with the rotation we had the last 2 weeks and then the #2 doesn't get as many reps as we should give him. Plus if he isn't with the first team we aren't really seeing who plays best really.

One thing I will say about BB's performance this week is he was in during a game which we were competitive in. It gives him an advantage over Fitz's last week. So even though BB played well, I am not totally buying that he is better.

Should be interesting what happens this coming week.

So Trent looked ok tonight and it (at this point) looks like he will be the starter. So now the question comes up, what will be the rotation the rest of the pre-season. How should it go in your opinion? I am interested to see what Chan does before Aug 31 (I can't imagine one will go then but you never know) and then final cuts.

Stay with the rotation we had the last 2 weeks and then the #2 doesn't get as many reps as we should give him. Plus if he isn't with the first team we aren't really seeing who plays best really.

One thing I will say about BB's performance this week is he was in during a game which we were competitive in. It gives him an advantage over Fitz's last week. So even though BB played well, I am not totally buying that he is better.

Gailey needs to figure things out this week with Fitz and Brohm. If one of them is going to get cut, he needs to do it and give them a chance to find another team before the season starts. Between OTA's and these two games, he needs to have seen enough to make a decision. The last 2 games aren't going to give him much more info. I'd like to see the position set so the guys who are here can get as much playing time as possible.

Gailey needs to figure things out this week with Fitz and Brohm. If one of them is going to get cut, he needs to do it and give them a chance to find another team before the season starts. Between OTA's and these two games, he needs to have seen enough to make a decision. The last 2 games aren't going to give him much more info. I'd like to see the position set so the guys who are here can get as much playing time as possible.

THis board is noticeably missing Brohm threads after his performance last night.

pre season QB stats thru 2 games

PLAYER ATT COMP YDS COMP % YDS/ATT TD TD% INT INT% LONG SCK SACK/LOST RATING

Brian Brohm 21 14 125 66.7 6.0 0 0.0 0 0.0 26 1 5 82.4

Trent Edwards 20 11 151 55.0 7.6 1 5.0 1 5.0 70 0 0 75.2

Ryan Fitzpatrick 14 9 61 64.3 4.4 1 7.1 0 0.0 12 0 0 97.6

Levi Brown 12 5 38 41.7 3.2 0 0.0 1 8.3 15 0 0 15.3

by these Fitz should start

not that I believe that just sayin

My hunch is that Gailey sticks with the classic thir preseason rotation of keeping the starters in for a half. This means Edwards plays with the #1 unit for the half. Perhaps if BB shows something in the second half and in practice he gets a half with the starting o-line in the final game though I doubt it.

get BROHM first team reps.. if the captain hadn't connected on his 70 yd td pass last night, he would have thrown for 23 yds - seen enough of the captain

And if Norwood hadn't missed a field goal we would have won the Super Bowl. Still happened, can't discount it.

I think the only decision left to be made at the QB position is between Fitz and Brohm as the backup. Brohm might have more potential upside if he ever reaches it, but with Fitz you know what you are getting.

I think the only decision left to be made at the QB position is between Fitz and Brohm as the backup. Brohm might have more potential upside if he ever reaches it, but with Fitz you know what you are getting.

I was kind of wondering if they cut one on the 31st or keep them both until final cuts, also who you play and what team they play with the next 2 weeks (1s or 2s). I still wouldn't be altogether surprised if Trent got the ax in the end (if next weeks game looked really really bad on his part). I am not sure who I am rooting for to win this thing and I hope the Chan knows what he is doing. Yesterday (and his history with run of the mill guys) is encouraging though.