Planning for the future???

Speedy G

In light of Jackson and Lynch going down, Spiller will now be the #1 RB, as we all to well know, coaching staffs seem to all have a 3 yr plan to prominence. That being said, could Spiller being here already, point toward Jake Lokker next year? Maybe? With Spiller having what will be a year of experience under his belt as of next season, that would take alot of pressure of a rookie QB, especially if Spiller has a great year. Not taking a QB this year seems to be puzzling everyone, as well as a stud LT, why they didn't take one of those is a mystery? Could it be that CHIX has a master plan to build a rock solid foundation that will be successful for the long term?, we shall see... Year one in a rebuilding process always comes with its share of growing pains and this year should be no different (barring a miracle that is), the 3-4 Defense will be more defined next year and with a few more pieces that could be added along the way, could be very good. So the key word for this season is Patience!, Yell and scream at the TV if you want (I will be), but do it knowing that its still a work in progress...

just a thought.......?

In light of Jackson and Lynch going down, Spiller will now be the #1 RB, as we all to well know, coaching staffs seem to all have a 3 yr plan to prominence. That being said, could Spiller being here already, point toward Jake Lokker next year? Maybe? With Spiller having what will be a year of experience under his belt as of next season, that would take alot of pressure of a rookie QB, especially if Spiller has a great year. Not taking a QB this year seems to be puzzling everyone, as well as a stud LT, why they didn't take one of those is a mystery? Could it be that CHIX has a master plan to build a rock solid foundation that will be successful for the long term?, we shall see... Year one in a rebuilding process always comes with its share of growing pains and this year should be no different (barring a miracle that is), the 3-4 Defense will be more defined next year and with a few more pieces that could be added along the way, could be very good. So the key word for this season is Patience!, Yell and scream at the TV if you want (I will be), but do it knowing that its still a work in progress...

just a thought.......?

I still think is was more the fact that they didn't really like any of the QB's or LT's that were left. Face it, Tebow was surely a reach (a HUGE REACH for a tight end :D that is ), and if other GM's had any faith in McCoy or Claussen, they would have been taken much higher that they were. Spiller with a year under his belt will surely be a boon for any rookie QB (should we end up drafting one), but we chances are very good that we'll need a LT too. Which do we pick first.

I doubt we take a QB in the top 10 (whether we pick in the top 10, or trade up). Another thing to consider about Locker (at least according to what I read on the TSW) is that he might decide on baseball?

I dunno what the future holds- but hopefully it has us with a winning record sometime soon