Schopp has got it wrong

Da Big Man

I counted 13 on that list. Did you miss Eli? It's 14 if you count Namath (AFL number one overall) and 15 if you count Steve Young (number one supplemental draft - wonder if he would have been number one coming out of college?).......A lot of other high picks, too. Heck, Trent Dilfer was the 6th pick of the draft!

I missed Plunkett's 2nd win. 31.8%, even better. That means if all players were created equal, the natural odds of winning the Super Bowl with a #1 pick would be less than 1%, but almost 1 of every 3 Super Bowls are won with the #1 pick in the draft. Expanding it to non QBs the #1 pick has played on 43% of SB winners if I have it right adding Russell Maryland & Ed Jones 2 each & Orlando Pace once.

The more you look at it, the better it is to bottom out-do we get to 4 Super Bowls with Bruce Smith?

Mike Poop is a clown. The sooner we all realize that, the sooner we can get on with our lives.

Oh I see what you did there, a super clever play on Mike's last name as an insult :thumbdown: . Wow, really coming strong with that 13th post. As for the topic, with the right GM/scouts, I think drafting around 10 is okay, but bottoming out can certainly help the process if you can hit on a top LT, QB, or game changing DE like Bruce.

I can't make myself cheer for the Bills to lose, but if they only win a few (I think they will do better than that) there is a silver lining.

WGR550's Schopp and the Bulldog today were saying that you had to go backwards to go forwards. I think that is idiotic. Did Washington go backwards, did Miami go backwards, did the Jets go backwards. The answer is NO. It takes a good GM, which we haven't had in a decade or so, and a quality coach, which we also haven't had in more than a decade, to recognize the weaknesses and fill as many as you can and then plan around the ones you have left. You go to war with your best 22 players every year. This isn't our parents NFL, you don't build a franchise over 3-5 years and then hope to make a run for Superbowl, you do it now. We have all been fooled again by King Ralph..good GM...not, good coach...not, good QB...definitely not. Levy Brown is the only answer at QB because I have seen enough of the other village idiots to know that they offer nothing. :thumbdown:

[/quot

Don't agree at all!!