The dirty little truth about resigning Jennings

for all the talk about jennings being injury prone, he's actually missed about 6 games in four years. it's a myth, basically. he missed a few in season one, one in season 2, and 1-2 last year (i can't remember exactly, but no more than 2), and none this year (although he was knocked out of a game by a concussion). as for the mental acumen of ruben brown in assessing other players, i wouldn't rely on it.  jennings is an excellent LT who we should slap the franchise tag on if necessary. we have no - and i mean no - other realistic options at securing an upper tier LT. walter jones and orlando pace are not coming to buffalo. beyond them, you're scraping the bottom of the barrel or praying that a second round draft choice succeeds. the bills aren't in any cap trouble at all and should be able to easily afford it (especially since they won't have any notable dead money next year).

150255[/snapback]

Dave, although I can easily see why you would want to keep Jennings, here is something to consider if you will wrt using the "Franchise Tag."

JJ would instantly become the highest paid player on the team. He would make condiderably more than Spikes, and perhaps double what Fletcher is paid. Jennings is good, but is he THAT good?

Talk of using this tag on Jennings eerily reminds me of when Jerry Ostroski made almost as much money as Bruce Smith, and Fina made more. it was wrong then and would be wrong now.

Jmo.