Why All The Injuries

chaccof

Long time no post for me.

Was at the game last night and the guy sitting next to me asked me why the Bills have been so injury prone the last three or four years. I really didn't have a good reason and am wondering what this august group thinks? Could it be as simple as poor conditioning? Do the players we've selected the last few years have a history of injuries from their college days (I didn't take the time to do the research)? Have the coaches been asking more of what the players are capable of? Or is it just bad luck?

see: The Curse of McKinnley thread.

Sorry, couldn't find it.....Assume it has something to do with President McKinnley getting assassinated in Buffalo? Can't be that....how would we then explain Dallas and Washington being successful?

Sorry, couldn't find it.....Assume it has something to do with President McKinnley getting assassinated in Buffalo? Can't be that....how would we then explain Dallas and Washington being successful?

Too much expected from players who are too young and too small.

That and I truly believe that this year's crop of "injuries" are--in large part--an excuse to shelf the marginal players and/or spell the guys we'll need 22 weeks from now.

On defense you can make an arguement that every player except Stroud, Johnson, and Troup are smaller than NFL average and arguably too small to play the postion. Our CB's are decent size but none are over 6 ft. that I know of. Kyle Williams likely would be the smallest NY in the league. Last year they had Ellison and a converted safety playing LB. Magically the DE's from last year are all being moved to OLB.

While bad luck and fluke plays are usually the cause of injuries(see Wood's broken leg) simply being too small to play has got to take it's toll on the body. And while it may not entirely explain the injury bug it could explain the late game collapses seen so often the last few years.

Conditioning is alot better this year than last year - I can tell you that. It's just unfortunate.

After all the quasi years of Mularkey and his trainer, then Club Jauron who thought working out, meant running a few laps in the indoor track, these guys are just out of shape. Chan is making them work, it's going to hurt and people will eventually build up the core muscle groups to eliminate that.

No more pilates for these guys.